Triptik 50 - New And Improved

• Hey All,

I reprofiled my Triptik 50, these new profiles are much more bright and alive. Please tell me what you think.

EDIT: They are the profiles dated May 25, 2013 and have the Marshall 412 cab.

• REally nice!!! thank you !! keep them coming , Its such a great amp the one you have. I apreciate very much your profiles .

Cheers

Edit: Played them , i think there is big space to improve . With my Variax, i found the profiles to much bright , and there is big noise on the distortion ones . How have you profiled the amp?

Edited once, last by Tone ().

• As an aside, some of the stock variax sounds are a little on the bright side, especially the vintage strat sounds - have you done any deep editing of them? My variax was brighter than all my other guitars until I dug into the editor. It is a great program - I was even able to duplicate the tones of things like '80s SSH mahogany body superstrats with high output pickups. The virtual telecaster bridge pickup sounds great as a middle or neck single coil in a virtual mahogany body.

• As an aside, some of the stock variax sounds are a little on the bright side, especially the vintage strat sounds - have you done any deep editing of them? My variax was brighter than all my other guitars until I dug into the editor. It is a great program - I was even able to duplicate the tones of things like '80s SSH mahogany body superstrats with high output pickups. The virtual telecaster bridge pickup sounds great as a middle or neck single coil in a virtual mahogany body.

My variax has every kind of model good for test, low output to high output, dark to bright . I tried the profiles with 10 different "guitars" . Yeah paults dont you miss your variax? hehe . do you still have your edited variax bundles? I edited some in workbench yes . I will need to try your tips soon on the editor .

Thanks Tone - I was going for bright, but maybe I went too far. I can try to back off the treble on the amp and/or change the mic position a bit.

Well i think profiling good takes time , what is the mic that you are using ? Changing mic position for sure will improve it . Levels on the return will be important as well .
    Joe bonamassa plays some caroll ann in you tube, who knows that could give good sound vibe reference :D . I think caroll ann is lovelly for Overdrive sounds, that blues leads , clean stuff too .

• Okay, I redid the profiles, I lowered the treble on the amp and that made the biggest difference, I also moved the mic off axis a bit. The tone controls on the Triptik are a bit touchy, they remind me of the tone controls on a Mesa Boogie, but not that bad. The profile names are the same except they have an "a" at the end, for Rev-A.

• I did the profiles one more time with a Marshall 212 with Greenbacks, the previous 412 had V30's. I sure enjoy this profiling stuff, what you put in is what you get out.

Thanks again ! to me they sound a lot better than the previous ones . It seems that amp is not easy to profile due to its sensitivity as you said , so great work there! I would like some blues profiles someday :D

cheers

• Did you have a boost in the chain on the first profiling session? They were much louder than the second ones. The second ones seem to be more volume balanced with other downloaded rigs.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Did you have a boost in the chain on the first profiling session? They were much louder than the second ones. The second ones seem to be more volume balanced with other downloaded rigs.

I don't think I did but obviously something happened. I noticed the difference in levels and I don't know why it happened because I thought the KPA automatically set the levels of the profiles. All of my other profiles seem to be relatively close in level, I can't figure out what I did to cause those to be so loud.

• I actually preferred the old ones myself thanks for those ;) these sound a bit aggressive to my ears, I didn't keep them!!! and the volume thing ....

but still a big thanks anyway !!!

• With the different amps I've profiled I found the Kemper to balance the volume so I'm not 100% sure why you would see it with no additional volume adjustment in the chain. I will have to look up more info because I'm curious about it now. There is an input adjustment under the profiling tab/screen on the lower right knob, but if not needed then you shouldn't have to change it. If you balanced the volumes between your amp and your profile setup before profiling it should balance the result pretty consistently. I did have trouble with a master volume Marshall 18 watt clone. I profiled it clean and it went well, but never could get it to profile the amp with a more distorted sound without getting a volume error and it would not complete the profile. I checked it against the amp by just adjusting the gain on the kemper to ~3.4 and it worked out fine. Nevertheless this is also a fun part of having the Kemper...profiling and learning the hows and whys. Thanks for making the profiles.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I've been thinking about this, I also profiled two other amps that day and they also turned out loud, it has to be something I did wrong, maybe I did have a boost on and didn't notice it. Anyway, I think you're right, I'm having a lot of fun experimenting and figuring out how this all works, not just the KPA, but also all the other elements like the speakers, mics, etc. Aside from this level problem (which I'm sure was user error), the KPA works great, what you put in is what you get out.