Commercial rigs & profiles are great BUT!

• You guys need to work out a way that people who have bought your profiles can share Rigs with each other.

Example of the need for this is people creating artist style rigs with your profile such as the one's in the Hendrix and Gilmour thread's.

This would also increase purchases of your profiles.

Thanks for the wonderful profile's! :D

• seriously? ?(

Yeah, absolutely , commercial profilers do this job without amp builders acknowledgment ???? So why would they sue us over profiling their modded profiles ????

I don't see other alternative , i really think it's a good solution : it just needs 2 people , 2 KPA and a bunch of commercial bassman & Hiwatts. Don't know how it should sound eventually ?(

• Yeah, absolutely , commercial profilers do this job without amp builders acknowledgment ???? So why would they sue us over profiling their modded profiles ????

I don't see other alternative , i really think it's a good solution : it just needs 2 people , 2 KPA and a bunch of commercial bassman & Hiwatts. Don't know how it should sound eventually ?(

Because only you have some nice amps and cabs, you won't be able to get a high quality album sound. You need, very good mics, mic pres, rooms etc. and the most important thing: good ears, experience and skills. The equipment is just a tool, but you want to share a product, other people created with their knowledge, money and work...

Becuase of attidues like yours, the music/media business is what it is, nowadays - fucked.

• IIRC, the Amp Factory has added some dialed in profiles from users and made them available to those who have previously purchased the rigs. There's also the option of learning how to dial things in on the KPA yourself...

• An option that could work is if the company had there own rig exchange where people that bought there profiles could upload there tweaked ones.
    If another user had bought that profile before you could download the tweaked ones.

If the company setup a soundcloud where other guys could upload recorded tracks/profile I think it would only help them sell more!!!!

maybe even include the good tweaked ones as an update...some of the IR companies do something similar with the updates.

edit* will beat me to it

• You could always share the settings. I.e. Treble 1.2, Sag 0.3 etc...

Why would you send the edited profile back to the seller to sell again? So we are suppose to but the same profile 10 times for different settings? Makes no sense. Now sending it back to the seller to have it made available to people who have bought the patch makes sense.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• I'm glad this post is finely getting some traction.

This programming of rigs to me is similar to the days when synthesizer's with midi came

to the market some people were so good at programming the different types of synths that many company's pop up selling sounds.

I really appreciate the skill it takes to make a complete Rig with effects and hope that along with AMP profiles there can be complete Rigs sold or shared.

• Becuase of attidues like yours, the music/media business is what it is, nowadays - fucked.

Hi Tony , please chill out a bit man !!

While this thread is waking my inner Richard Stallman & geek culture of freedom, I disapprove being responsible of the music industry Fu...ing up !! If you were aware of the work involved by the community here you should have understood that were not trying to satisfy our own little interest , but we were on a collaborative quest to reproduce Hendrix sound from whatever rig we could find. refer to this thread, you'll understand that we are struck with some beautiful rigs we cannot share, which is the opposite of what we wanted.

BTW look at our tag editor , open source GPL code for you to mod & distribute freely, just like my last song, on Creative common licensing.

• Hi Tony , please chill out a bit man !!

While this thread is waking my inner Richard Stallman & geek culture of freedom, I disapprove being responsible of the music industry Fu...ing up !! If you were aware of the work involved by the community here you should have understood that were not trying to satisfy our own little interest , but we were on a collaborative quest to reproduce Hendrix sound from whatever rig we could find. refer to this thread, you'll understand that we are struck with some beautiful rigs we cannot share, which is the opposite of what we wanted.

BTW look at our tag editor , open source GPL code for you to mod & distribute freely, just like my last song, on Creative common licensing.

Just curious, what type of living are you able to make with your freely distributed software and album?

• Just curious, what type of living are you able to make with your freely distributed software and album?

Hi Will , this is totally off topic but anyway I'll explain on PM.

They are probably not too happy about it either.

You're right , there is a legal gap here ! I hope the KPA community won't ever be threatened by them. I remember the 1st time I heard about the KPA , it was shown as the 'Napster of tube amps' you know what happened to Napster .... Open source is a way to keep those problems away since there is no official owner.

I also wonder with big brand have not anticipated it and why they don't sell some collector rigs of the treasures from their personal collection.

• I don't see any threats towards the community. Napster for example, that was something that million of people started to use "overnight". it had a whole different impact and was a different thing. There'll be a coexisting relationship with amps and amp-sims and now profilers. If you start learning guitar, you are not going to get you a KPA, if you're a conservative type of pro than the real thing is only the real thing to you and if you're more a progressive type of pro-musician you'll probably want both... the cool tube amp and the profiler.

And besides I thimk it's good that there are people like Andy and Armin who can provide profiles with a superb recording chain behind it. I think the Kemper has an important preserving factor. Take for example that vintage amp pack Andy created. Those are amps that are not built anymore. Once they're gone they're gone and with this new technology you can capture their sound forever and give it to everyone.

That's why I see more benefits for the overall musician community than anything else, the discussion how commercial profilse could be shared among the users that own them, I really couldn't care less as these are absolutely unimportant luxury problems... to me at least

• I don't see any threats towards the community. Napster for example, that was something that million of people started to use "overnight". it had a whole different impact and was a different thing. There'll be a coexisting relationship with amps and amp-sims and now profilers. If you start learning guitar, you are not going to get you a KPA, if you're a conservative type of pro than the real thing is only the real thing to you and if you're more a progressive type of pro-musician you'll probably want both... the cool tube amp and the profiler.

And besides I thimk it's good that there are people like Andy and Armin who can provide profiles with a superb recording chain behind it. I think the Kemper has an important preserving factor. Take for example that vintage amp pack Andy created. Those are amps that are not built anymore. Once they're gone they're gone and with this new technology you can capture their sound forever and give it to everyone.

That's why I see more benefits for the overall musician community than anything else, the discussion how commercial profilse could be shared among the users that own them, I really couldn't care less as these are absolutely unimportant luxury problems... to me at least

Exactly my sentiments. I'd even bet that the KPA has produced G.A.S. for some of the not so common amps (like the Morgan).
    A good profile is also an advertisement for the real thing for sure.

• Exactly my sentiments. I'd even bet that the KPA has produced G.A.S. for some of the not so common amps (like the Morgan).

I agree with you. After hearing about Lazy J amps, I contacted with them because I wanted one but 25 weeks of waiting list was too much for me.

• Exactly my sentiments. I'd even bet that the KPA has produced G.A.S. for some of the not so common amps (like the Morgan).

I agree with you. After hearing about Lazy J amps, I contacted with them because I wanted one but 25 weeks of waiting list was too much for me.

I'm the exact opposite and will probably never buy an amp again, though I came to that conclusion long before I had the KPA. The reason amp company's will continue is there is still an aversion to digital gear by the vast majority of guitarists no matter how good it sounds. For a great many, tradition is king. For me the KPA (and modelers in general) serve my general needs better. If I had the money AND opportunity to own and crank as many real amps as I wanted at any time I wanted, I would never have purchased the KPA in the first place.