Pedal Pitch Effect Question

• A friend lent me a Roland EV-5. I have tried the pedal pitch 2 octave up. When engaging the pedal the pitch change is not linear. I starts off linear then immediately jumps up if pitch. I am trying to use it for the Like A Stone solo and it is not sounding near as smooth as the recorded solo. Starts off nice then goes high pitch real fast.

Is this normal? Any suggestions? I already tried adjusting the knob on the pedal to no effect.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• welcome to the right section, then!! :thumbup:

for the sake of helping each other, I past here the suggestion I gave you in the share tricks section, so to avoid other doing the same quetions.

1) how did you connect the pedal? pedalboard or kemper directly?
    2) did you wire the exp pedal cable as requested, i.e. the jacks are stereo and soldered as they are supposed to
    3) did you try another exp pedal to see if you have the same result or issue?
    4) if connected to the kemper, did you try to initialize the pedal since the kpa lets you do it?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• 1) how did you connect the pedal? pedalboard or kemper directly? Expression pedal directly to Kemper.

2) did you wire the exp pedal cable as requested? I do not know what you are talking about. The expression pedal has a stereo (type) jack on it.

3) did you try another exp pedal to see if you have the same result or issue? I tried an Ernie Ball volume pedal and it is even worse.

4) if connected to the kemper, did you try to initialize the pedal since the kpa lets you do it? I plug the pedal in but neither initial button illuminates. If I do depress the intialize 1 button nothing happens.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• How do I use Type 1? When I connect the pedal it the button does not illuminate and when I do press it nothing happens?

I don't think the pedal was modified.