Please have a read and PLEASE advise me :( This is driving me mad!

• Hi guys,

So the problem is.....

3 days ago my Kemper started messing up again this
    time the problem is not with the 'Browse' function. That works no
    problem now since the repair through Thomann. The new problem is that if I leave the kemper turned on for
    more than one hour it decides to 'freeze' I am including photos in the
    attached section of this email to better explain. This problem is EVEN
    MORE a problem than the last time as I now cant gig with my KPA :( . Ive got the original repair sticker left there on the
    back reading ' ACENK 7803 - synthesizerservice dpartment +49
    2632-300811' This is the repair center Thomann sent the Kemper to. I hope
    this helps the Kemper team to locate the problematic unit in their records. Just to clarify once again; The unit starts
    up...works...then freezes to the strange lines shown in the photo. The
    unit wont even turn off (see picture 2 It shows the unit is 'ON' but I
    have it set to 'OFF' and as you can see the unit just hangs there unless
    I take the plug out.)

Thanks + please let me know if any of you have experienced a similar problem. ?( :cursing: :(

• You should contact the Kemper customer support (>> product support inquiry). (If you haven't done yet.) Describe the behaviour to them, especially if there are correlations to anything you have done before the freeze. And you can write down the error messages for them, it is not readable on your fotos. I suppose they will recommend you one of these software cleanup operations and fix it that way. Hopefully!

There are some earlier threads when you search for "freeze".

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Thanks for the responses guys. This will be the 2nd time ive sent the unit to be repaired. It is obviously an older model as I own 2 KPA's and one says 'off' and the other has a symbol (the one with the problem.) Ive always looked after my gear and since owning this kemper ive had problems....I really hope this will warrant a new KPA from Thomann eventhough ive now had it 1yr 2 months ish... Thanks again guys :thumbup:

• Also just on another point raised....There is NO error message shown on the display. The screen just becomes those ink filled lines after being on for an hour. The ONLY way to fix is to remove the power wait 20 or so minutes and then power up again. As you can also see the 'off' does not work even when left for some time....Hopefully I will be able to get my 2 KPA's running in stereo again :love: