Eight Months And Counting. So, Where's The Rig Manager?

• You might be a technical genius, but I tell you now and today that you don't have the slightest idea how stupid your childish behaviour comes across.
    From today, my participation and will to help is over. I spent HOURS to investigate the Transpose click issue and nobody even considers to just write "Thanks for your help".
    Instead you're whining and threaatening and behaving unbelievably miffed all the time.
    I'm out ... and I reallyy don't care anymore, what you are. Thanks for the fish. :(

Wow, either I'm totally tonedeaf to German sarcasm or you really need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure everyone appreciates your help with the clicking issue. I read Christoph's post as only saying that he needs to stop discussing features before they are released, not that he wants to shut off all discussion or doesn't want people's feedback or help.

• My conclusion is what most companies have concluded already.
    And you are right: It was childish to communicate this conclusion in the public.

CK, for the sake of the pleasant discussion -
    i'm not here to argue about normative company policies though i can think of a few examples to the contrary, but even if this is true -
    don't you think it's healthy and beneficial to try something else? Something that doesn't alienate the users who contribute to everything from the unofficial manual to the rig exchange?

Geraldo7 has a good point.
    You can either opt out of any future discussion, stop communicating with your customers, lash out sarcastically at criticism and hope it brings you peace of mind,
    or just accept that the current state of communicating with customers is less than ideal and fix that. It's an easy fix, really - it just requires that you don't appear like you're doing anyone a favor when publishing information.
    The bitter complaints aren't because someone knows there is a librarian coming and thus decides to be bitter - i assure you, you'd get all sorts of bitterness if no librarian was ever confirmed -
    the problem is that since it's announcement, those people haven't heard anything about the feature they've been waiting for for 8 months.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• or just accept that the current state of communicating with customers is less than ideal and fix that. It's an easy fix, really -
    the problem is that since it's announcement, those people haven't heard anything about the feature they've been waiting for for 8 months.

For me the communication is very ideal and as I wrote in my previous post, I see much more communication from the kemper team than I expected. Btw. I've seen posts about the library/manager more recent than 8 months back.
    I'm in the big middle group of kemper users and I'm perfectly fine knowing they are working on features and improvements all the time and sometimes share this info and timelines on the forum and support and answer questions. Then there are a smaller group of users who want frequent updated info, some more some less. I would never expect any company to have that kind of frequent public product development communication.
    What I do know is that no matter what product forum, a small group of demanding users will always get very frustrated when they don't get what they want. Company and consumer communication is always a compromise.

• Opinions, opinions.

Allow me to merely point out that there is no, and as far as i know never has been any official announcement regarding a librarian, or the development of performance mode.

You can't expect people to read all the threads of the forum. The KPA team communicates far, far less than any company i've ever met other than, maybe, my bank :)

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Wow. This thread is ridiculous. Everyone chill out. Yes, we paid a bunch for our kempers. Yes, we want an editor/librarian. Yes, these things were brought up months ago. But- we are taking advantage of CK's and the kemper teams openess to suggestions/opinions. Common courtesy goes a long way, people. Of course some of us are fed up, but like CK mentioned: we were never told a librarian/editor would be part of having a kemper. They made good on the performance mode, even though it took them a while. No reason to think they won't make good on the editor, librarian and foot controller. I think they have a good understanding at what their user base wants. They obviously read the forums. While many users have tried to help/develop their own editor (which is appreciated by fellow users and CK/Kemper) - this does not mean the Kemper team are a bunch of lazy bums... well, im rambling. /rant Back to playing my Kemper... waiting for new features while enjoying the current ones :P;)

Also, might as well take this time to thank the guy from evergladesaudio for his current editor :thumbup:

• :cursing: no, this discussion is not ridiculous. a product sold like this is ...!

remember the threads name, no editor or librarian of some kind, no manual available that earns this word (my cubase manual that comes with the product has
    700 pages, come on) and a button on the front of the product that is dysfunctional! i am not whining, because i would like to have a better product! the only reason
    why i did not protest is that - by coincidence, karma or fate - CK has the best forum there ever was. thank you guys for your support and thank you guitarnet for your
    patience for the newbies. :thumbup:

quitty is right:

Allow me to merely point out that there is no, and as far as i know never has been any official announcement regarding a librarian, or the development of performance mode.

You can't expect people to read all the threads of the forum. The KPA team communicates far, far less than any company i've ever met other than, maybe, my bank.

if the new policy of the company is to say less and stop communicating altogether, than i am out, too.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Kemper wanted to focus on the Rig Manager, people whined about the performance mode --> Kemper focused on the performance mode, people whine about the rig manager. Conclusing: Whatever Kemper is doing, people are whining.

This IS ridiculous. A small company like Kemper doesn't have endless resources, whining on forum doesn't help, it's ready when it's ready ... I really don't understand what all the problems are... I don't even see why one would need a Rig Manager, there is already a "renaming" tool and an midi editor...

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Kemper wanted to focus on the Rig Manager, people whined about the performance mode --> Kemper focused on the performance mode, people whine about the rig manager. Conclusing: Whatever Kemper is doing, people are whining.

This IS ridiculous. A small company like Kemper doesn't have endless resources, whining on forum doesn't help, it's ready when it's ready ... I really don't understand what all the problems are... I don't even see why one would need a Rig Manager, there is already a "renaming" tool and an midi editor...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• People do complain, and this is indeed unavoidable.
    This also not as terrible as you seem to think - i know CK is a gentle soul but i think he'll pull through. ;)

With that said, what they are complaining about isn't the rig manager or performance mode. They are complaining about an unfinished product and insanely sub-par peripherals.
    They are complaining because they bought the product they thought was best - the one with the best sound and workflow - and were surprised to find out that it is handicapped in every other way.

No editor. No librarian. Bare-bones profile-exchange. No foot controller. Several buttons on the front that do nothing.
    I'm not saying these are necessarily deal-breakers - but i can understand why it bothers people so much.
    The fact that they complain rather than ditch the product and move to someone else - Line6, Fractal, Eventide etc. - is a testament to the product's quality,
    but they complain and they have every right to.

The only reason i keep meddling in these discussions is that i'm hoping some of this bleeds through. All it takes is a little communication.
    Specifically -
    recognition of the work that users around here are doing because the KPA team isn't,
    a good, informative, fully functional official update channel - meaning we aren't constantly kept in the dark regarding features that are standard or promised,
    and preferably, less veiled threats and attitude towards the users to whom the company owes their existence.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• and were surprised to find out that it is handicapped in every other way.

No editor. No librarian. Bare-bones profile-exchange. No foot controller. Several buttons on the front that do nothing.

All of this was clear and communicated when they bought the unit, I don't think there were any ETA when the features will be released.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I bought the product 4 months ago, approximately.

None of this was communicated, so you're plain and simply wrong. Sorry.

repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Then show me where they advertised the librarian, the footcontroller, an advanced rig exchange and the editor with an ETA or saying that it's already available?
    Regarding the unused buttons: would you be happier to not have the perfomance mode "button" and now have to send your KPA in to get it?

Regarding performance mode: Are you sure it was advertised on the homepage? I thought that they had a remark that this has yet to be implemented.

• Damn it! All you crying babies are destroying everything that's been positive about this forum. Interaction with the company whose product we own. There's a good reason most companies just keep their lips shut and its been shown in this thread. Get ready for a Line 6 type of forum going forward with zero direct communication. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slow down in releases as well. Damn...

This.

• Wow, either I'm totally tonedeaf to German sarcasm or you really need to take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure everyone appreciates your help with the clicking issue.

There wasn't even the smallest bit of sarcasm in my post. I was 100% serious (and still am).
    How can it be that the FIRST EVER reaction of CK to one of my posts is only when I post something negative very clearly and loud? But when I tried to help (Transpose clicks, Website issues, 5 issues with FW2.0.0) they ignored my PMs, the ignored my posts, they didn't even have the time to answer: "Thanks, Martin, ..."

I know they are very busy. But when I see that CK gives a lot of attention to negative posts and has enough time to post answers that really try to threaten and blame the community as a whole ... wow. And on the other hand he doesn't have time at all to encourage constructive efforts and help. If that's the company's communication policy: Have fun, I quit.

• That's what CK wrote at 1.38 in the morning and I thought that this message would have settled the issue. It acknowledges lightbox's effort and contribution and it contains a clear "sorry" for the lack of a comprehensive reaction. What more could or should have been said?

• I will finish the editor and Will do an alternative exchange, but guys I'm 2 inches far from closing my account here, don't like the way CK communicates here with their customers, sorry, KPA is great, but the people behind it doesn't transmit me the same feeling.. They just released a NEW GREAT 2.0, and what I read here on the forum is all in a bad mood, except one two threads saying thanks and so on... sad. I'm the kind of guy that loves to help in forums, collaborate..etc but this stuff makes me like LIGHTBOX want to go elsewhere..

• Didn't see that message, great, I have a problem With the German humour/sarcasm/irony... I'm from Spain, my culture is different, also lot of people here are from other countries... My english is limitated, can express myself like I would like, and maybe missunderstand things here..

I don't need to communicate directly with the BOSS, just with someone that keeps this forum active, post things, moderate all this stuff..and keeps information updated, and answer all the customers worries...that's a forum... not a place to leave all the people saying whatever they want, filling this with threads that ends with another completely different topic that was in the title...etc etc...etc..etc...

• this thread is internet trolling at its best ... trully emberassing

seriously guys calm the fuck down, as far as I understand CK just said they wont be announcing as much stuff in advance as they've used to and just take a look at this pitiful thread, it's the best proof why it's a reasonable decision. let's be honest most people (on the internet) are complete idiots and impatient too (don't blame me if you feel offended). teasing them just puts more pressure on you beacause they wont stop asking or complaining why it's taking so long and they'll start demanding more even before one feature is finishied and then also rumours and stuff start to spread around.
    you simply can't win with those trolls so I think CKs decision is a good one and besides the positive effect is that you'll get new features unveiled by suprise and for some people it will be a great oportunity to learn something they should have learned a long time ago ... patience!

and btw I don't see where CK was behaving rude towards any of you, just stop behaving like little girls

• This is a nice place to visit on a daily basis.

Sometimes there's interesting news, maybe a tip or two, an update to the "Wiki", a profile I have hope for, or a music clip that's worth a listen.

CK actually is a human being and might sometimes show it... I actually don't think he's a bad sort at all. The Virus and the KPA are fucking world class good, IMO.

I have always had a thing for using the best gear I can. It's not a hobby for me, but I am quite passionate about what I sound like. Likely others feel the same way without it being their livelihood..

I use a niche market guitar tone device built by a talented, but by no means major moneyed player in the M.I., or pro audio business.

Seems some folks are not as happy as they would like.

WOW... this NEVER HAPPENS on internet forums, right? 8|

I am in the music business. I need tools. I prefer great sounding ones. Thus I own great sounding tools. The KPA among them.

My mother used to tell me "Paul, don't cut your nose off just to spite your face." She was right. I am amazed how many situations where that saying can apply to ALL sides of a disagreement.

It's creative people that congregate here folks... there's gonna be... Asshats... wounded fucks, schoolyard bullies, and talented people to learn from. Ass wound treatment will be found in one's own mirror. Thus endeth the reality check.

BTW,,, Thanks for the 2.0 Beta. It works well. Please lose the zipper noise in the harmonizer :thumbup:;)

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().