Eight Months And Counting. So, Where's The Rig Manager?

• i still think that a rough outline posted in the announcement section would hurt no-one.
    and it would keep pressure only on those things you/the kempers have announced and want to do it anyway.

and keep in mind, those are only small details, if we were not happy :thumbup: with the lunchbox, we would not invest so much time in the forum.

keep going, life is good

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I'm going to be getting a KPA within the next 3 months. Hope to have an editor to organize it by then. Glad some people are doing it on the side in the meantime but would be very happy to have a Kemper editor program on my computer.

• Hmm telling your customers that they do not have enough staff and that the technology isn't easy to figure out does not strike me as good advertising (i work as a software developer team leader).
    Also telling us that it will be free and that therefor we should just be patient and that their competitors even take longer strike me as even worse customer support.

Everyone expects this because even the cheapest modelers have it ready when you buy it. For me it was a big surprise that such a simple standard tool was not provided.
    Maybe my expectations where to high for a device where some buttons do not even work after a year (performance (released today), etc). But still.

If you need more staff, then hire them. Do not tell your customers who are all waiting for this that they just have to wait until your software guy figures out how to program a mac app.

I love the kpa for its sound, but the tools around it and the treating of customers surely needs some work.

• Excellent post and I couldn't agree more. I owned and ran a service company for 26 years. CK, as brilliant as you are creating the cream of the crop in profiling amp tone, you have a long way to go in the PR/Customer Service Department. And you last statement in the post above "I Am Out" proves my statement. That was just plain BS.

• I could have avoided this argument.
    I am out.

You could have avoided to jump on comments that CAN (but don't have to) be taken personal.
    Very few in your perception "unpleasant or unjustified" posts make you react like this? Wow.
    Relax, focus on the loads of positive and encouraging feedback here. :) Don't punish the whole community with such an offending statement just because you don't dig a few posts.

Cheers,
    Martin

• I kinda dis-agree with needing a rig manager... we only need one because we have way too many profiles which need sorting out and if you need fast access it's a case of deleting a lot of rigs you never even use.. my fear is that the KPA is going to thought if as another guitar toy sooner or later.

steve

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• People like DVP, Resonator, Lightbox; what do you aim to accomplish by posting your negative musings about CK's "customer service" skills? DVP, do you think that anyone cares what your background is, as there hundreds of software developers on this very forum, you are not special. Trying to shame or guilt someone into whatever your agenda is, smacks of immaturity and a lack of awareness. No developer of any product is obligated to interact on a public forum with it's consumers. CK humors us and does us a favor by posting on here, threatening his practices like your 1 unit of sales lost is going to tank the company, is ridiculous. Regardless of your proclaimed "experience," I'm am very sure the software you developed was nothing remotely close to the type of technology the Kemper team deals with. The same goes for Resonator, who cares what sort of service company you supposedly owned. Running a janitor service is not the same as running a company like Kemper. Take a step back from the keyboard and try to gather some perspective. Or maybe play your guitar. But criticizing the Kemper team in this thread is A) pointless and B) makes you look silly. The features will come when they are ready, regardless of your demands. There are third-party rig managers available, go look for them.

Cheers. :thumbup:

• I kinda dis-agree with needing a rig manager... we only need one because we have way too many profiles which need sorting out and if you need fast access it's a case of deleting a lot of rigs you never even use.. my fear is that the KPA is going to thought if as another guitar toy sooner or later.

steve

I work with the KPA - i take it to clients for sessions and use it live on a weekly basis - so for me, there's no avoiding a large variety of profiles. Performance mode will narrow this down - and that's awesome - but i'll still have several hundreds and i'll have to use them all -
    so while i agree that too many rigs are a distraction, i just see it as another reason to use a rig manager so i can sort, categorize and use just the ones i need, or even tell which belongs to what easily. My .kipr collection is a mess at the moment.

At this point i'm not concerned, though.
    CK has come through with the 2.0 and his recent interest in the forum discussions is a very reassuring gesture - so i'm pretty sure the rig manager is being worked on as we speak.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Had a long text ready about, paying customers, bad pr, fanboys. But why bother.

In the immortal words of someone.... i'm out.

ps: Still want my rig manager, CK if you need software support i have 30+ skilled people you can hire.

• People like DVP, Resonator, Lightbox; what do you aim to accomplish by posting your negative musings about CK's "customer service" skills? DVP, do you think that anyone cares what your background is, as there hundreds of software developers on this very forum, you are not special. Trying to shame or guilt someone into whatever your agenda is, smacks of immaturity and a lack of awareness. No developer of any product is obligated to interact on a public forum with it's consumers. CK humors us and does us a favor by posting on here, threatening his practices like your 1 unit of sales lost is going to tank the company, is ridiculous. Regardless of your proclaimed "experience," I'm am very sure the software you developed was nothing remotely close to the type of technology the Kemper team deals with. The same goes for Resonator, who cares what sort of service company you supposedly owned. Running a janitor service is not the same as running a company like Kemper. Take a step back from the keyboard and try to gather some perspective. Or maybe play your guitar. But criticizing the Kemper team in this thread is A) pointless and B) makes you look silly. The features will come when they are ready, regardless of your demands. There are third-party rig managers available, go look for them.

Excellent post IMO.
    Being more and more demanding, and voicing the demands almost ferociously, in spite of the evidence that the KPA is evolving in a steady and good way, is quite embarassing, and makes some people here look plainly greedy and is way over the top.
    This on a day when we all could sit back for a moment and enjoy V2 - I don't get it really!

And no, I'm not a fanboy.

• Do not tell your customers who are all waiting for this that they just have to wait until your software guy figures out how to program a mac app.

You are absolutely right.
    More experienced companies don't talk about their projects in the public at all.
    They don't announce projects until they are nearly done, whenever this is.
    No bad PR, happy customers. No discussion.

We'll try to follow this guideline in the future.

• blackbird and ingolf, i am on your side. today was a day that should have seen a celebration! PERORMANCE MODE!
    and then all of this mess. it makes me sad.
    if the KPA were like it was when i bought it in march 2012, i would still be a very happy :thumbup: 8o kemperian! period.

the KPA is the best piece of gear i ever bought, it is way superior to any other modeller.
    with one exception: the axeFX. but i do not like their policy of secret society at all. and i do not want to buy the "cat in the black box".
    means: i ordered the KPA at thomanns and tested it for 4 weeks and could have sent it back.

that being said: i think, CK, that your PR could improve a bit. i say it now the third time and, i promise, the last but one time:

• use the "Announcement" department more often. use it to your advantage! keep out of futile discussion with trolls or
      guys having a bad time.
    • make your own time schedule (i am sure you have one already) and make it public
    • and noone of us will count the days and complain:
    • oh, CK! you promised to give us the librarian the first of may 2013 @12PM eastern australian time, and now you are 5 minutes late!
    • the argument that it is not good to announce sth that does not exist is BS, we all know more or less what is in the pipeline
    • again and now for the last time: USE THIS FORUM TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, and all will be well.

my two cents ofcourse, and for the love of god, P.E.A.C.E.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• oops, that's funny, CK ---- you were half a minute faster
    we have the exact opposite idea of solving this problem of constant complaining.
    there IS a way to combine our ideas: because we get the hints and tipps of what is in the pipeline anyway,
    your method is not going to work, i promise. i stand to my word:
    make rough announcements with vague timelines and this will evaporate.

• You are absolutely right.
    More experienced companies don't talk about their projects in the public at all.
    They don't announce projects until they are nearly done, whenever this is.
    No bad PR, happy customers. No discussion.

We'll try to follow this guideline in the future.

You might be a technical genius, but I tell you now and today that you don't have the slightest idea how stupid your childish behaviour comes across.
    From today, my participation and will to help is over. I spent HOURS to investigate the Transpose click issue and nobody even considers to just write "Thanks for your help".
    Instead you're whining and threaatening and behaving unbelievably miffed all the time.
    I'm out ... and I reallyy don't care anymore, what you are. Thanks for the fish. :(

• pooh! as i have said: more communication, not less, that is the solution.
    please for god's sake make someone a full-time community manager.
    he can handle the forum und make important announcements in your name.
    this community is essential to the success of the KPA, i think.
    without guitarnet for instance, i would have been lost long ago, because the "manual"
    that came with the KPA covers only the most fundamental things.

• Yep but telling your customers that you are working in "something" and just that, it's worst IMO! with all my love eh?
    There must be a way to keep your customers happy knowing that there is a progress and also an estimation of release, yes I know, then you'll have delays, problems, etc.. but I think that if you do the things right and clear, only trolls will be posting such stuff..

I see much more communication from the kemper team than I expected which I think is great.
    More often than not I've seen the kemper team give info and vague estimate dates when features will be ready, which I think is far better than a deadline. Look on other forums what happens when a deadline is not met, it's nasty. There are many reasons we don't see many companies giving out future plans and details to their users (and to other competing brands).
    We knew the performance mode was about to be released about now for a long time, we knew about the pitch shifter and other features and the coming library/manager function, floorboard, uno chip etc. It's mentioned in several threads and I don't think some who post read those threads or the news on the kpa homepage (or facebook). They have user surveys about features to know what's most requested, discussion and voting threads about the kpa floorboard with info and also a vague set date.

On every forum no matter what product there will always be a very small minority of very loud and often impatient and frustrated users who post about their demands and needs. The majority of users are patient and never do this, they are fine with the given info. It's just how gear forums work and it's impossible to please all types of users.

• You might be a technical genius, but I tell you now and today that you don't have the slightest idea how stupid your childish behaviour comes across.
    From today, my participation and will to help is over. I spent HOURS to investigate the Transpose click issue and nobody even considers to just write "Thanks for your help".
    Instead you're whining and threaatening and behaving unbelievably miffed all the time.
    I'm out ... and I reallyy don't care anymore, what you are. Thanks for the fish. :(

I am sorry that my "Thanks!" (in the thread "still clicks in 1.8.2") was maybe too short of words.
    I appreciate the help of you and the other users. Sometimes it is not easy to find malfunctions by our team alone.
    Again thank you very much for your help!

But this is not the topic here.
    My conclusion is what most companies have concluded already.
    And you are right: It was childish to communicate this conclusion in the public.

+1
    Excellent post. I loled at the experts. It's all good though. Online commentary can seem rude quite easily. Best to never take it personally, unless of course it is personal.

My answer is for Kemper to Open source it and let the market do it for them. Feed the ecology. Open up the software specification and watch what happens! Lots of experts abound after all. ;) What's really cool is that product enthusiasts will offer solutions that benefit all and they will get to market sooner offering both the free and paid kind as well as the diy solutions. It's all good.

My kpa continues to inspire in the 6 months I've owned it and if just keeps getting better. Thanks much CK, but think Open Source! ;)

• Damn it! All you crying babies are destroying everything that's been positive about this forum. Interaction with the company whose product we own. There's a good reason most companies just keep their lips shut and its been shown in this thread. Get ready for a Line 6 type of forum going forward with zero direct communication. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slow down in releases as well. Damn...