Eight Months And Counting. So, Where's The Rig Manager?

• this is smartass at his best. and dont blame me, if you feel offended.

more communication in a new "announcement section" by CK himself, no deadlines, no futile discussions.
    but how wanting a performance mode which is advertised on the very front panel or at least some kind of manager
    for the rig profiles is whining escapes me ...

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• but how wanting a performance mode which is advertised on the very front panel or at least some kind of manager
    for the rig profiles is whining escapes me ...

That's forums. People always are complaining and whining about things.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• When a user is satisfied with a product, 70% of the times they don't even visit the manufacturer's website or forum.. that's why the forums fills with problems, pissed users, etc.. and also with great users that try to help those guys, then are the fanboys, that just post like they own the company or have some invested there hahaha

• Kemper wanted to focus on the Rig Manager, people whined about the performance mode --> Kemper focused on the performance mode, people whine about the rig manager. Conclusing: Whatever Kemper is doing, people are whining.

This IS ridiculous. A small company like Kemper doesn't have endless resources, whining on forum doesn't help, it's ready when it's ready ... I really don't understand what all the problems are... I don't even see why one would need a Rig Manager, there is already a "renaming" tool and an midi editor...

Best in-a-nutshell post of this thread.
    Thank you!
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• I work with the KPA - i take it to clients for sessions and use it live on a weekly basis - so for me, there's no avoiding a large variety of profiles. Performance mode will narrow this down - and that's awesome - but i'll still have several hundreds and i'll have to use them all -
    so while i agree that too many rigs are a distraction, i just see it as another reason to use a rig manager so i can sort, categorize and use just the ones i need, or even tell which belongs to what easily. My .kipr collection is a mess at the moment.

At this point i'm not concerned, though.
    CK has come through with the 2.0 and his recent interest in the forum discussions is a very reassuring gesture - so i'm pretty sure the rig manager is being worked on as we speak.

Thats a good point, for users like you it would be a good idea... for me its nutzz

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Best in-a-nutshell post of this thread.
    Thank you!
    :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Agreed 100% I use the lunchbox because I love the tone I get. In the year plus I've owned it there have been major improvements, and it keeps getting better. This has been a great forum. I hope all this whining doesn't ruin it ... :thumbdown:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• This Thread makes Me Feeling sad. It's about Time to pull in a Case of Beer and relax everybody!
    As burningyen mentioned it: Life is to short! How about Some smoothing the feathers now? :rolleyes:
    Cheers mates! Onto a Great 2.0 public Beta!

• I for one admit to being a major player in the bedroom... and any sound that emanates from that room does indeed resemble whining.
    Can we please get back to playing nicely now. Lots of talent on this board - things work best when it pulls in the same direction.
    Lets chalk this all up to creative differences and move on...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

Edited once, last by Brattcave ().

• I bet most of the indignant whiners are fulltime bedroom players :)

I've admitted so on many occasions. I'm not going to try guess what your point is. I'd rather hear it directly from you. You know how post on forums can be taken so far off of what the poster was trying to convey. Most of the time it's the tone that's misunderstood.

• Damn it! All you crying babies are destroying everything that's been positive about this forum. Interaction with the company whose product we own. There's a good reason most companies just keep their lips shut and its been shown in this thread. Get ready for a Line 6 type of forum going forward with zero direct communication. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slow down in releases as well. Damn...

My god I can't believe this is happening to this forum. I'm not a guru, i"m not a software wizard, I'm not a marketing genious. I'm just a 62 yr old man ( who has been playing for 50 yrs) who comes here to find answers to questions I couldn't possibly answer on my own and the thought that the designer of the "finest piece of gear I've ever owned" participates is almost magical to me. Then I'm an old man who is in awe that I can connect with players from all around the world and can converse with them and learn from their emmence knowledge. Can't we all not take things so personally and just continue to learn and enjoy the company of everyone here? Paul

• My god I can't believe this is happening to this forum. I'm not a guru, i"m not a software wizard, I'm not a marketing genious. I'm just a 62 yr old man ( who has been playing for 50 yrs) who comes here to find answers to questions I couldn't possibly answer on my own and the thought that the designer of the "finest piece of gear I've ever owned" participates is almost magical to me. Then I'm an old man who is in awe that I can connect with players from all around the world and can converse with them and learn from their emmence knowledge. Can't we all not take things so personally and just continue to learn and enjoy the company of everyone here? Paul

Thanks Paul. You took the words right out of my mouth. I'll be 62 in a couple of months too, and I know exactly where you're coming from. :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I don't get the all the nastiness. Everyone has their truth to own, tolerance is something that seems to be sorely lacking here.
    I find this forum highly helpful in my quest to learn and use the KPA. Reading through the noise to find the quality information is something that is a waste of time.

• [quote='clarkydaz','index.php?page=Thread&postID=89921#post89921']

We are aware that a number of users urgently want the Performance Mode to have a complete product. By whatever reason the word librarian is not printed on the panel, This could be one reason why you will see the Performance Mode earlier than a Librarian, even if I consider a librarian to be much more important.

I agree. in fact I think a Librarian should have be done when the Kemper was released. There's thousands of profiles out there with poor, inconsistent and incomplete metadata out there mainly due to it being a pain in the ass and time-consuming to input when people make profiles.

• Thanks Paul. You took the words right out of my mouth. I'll be 62 in a couple of months too, and I know exactly where you're coming from. :thumbup:

I totally agree with this. This forum is a no fuss and cool place to learn from pros and very talented people and even having CK chiming in quite often. Because of all of you guys I've been on an exponential learning curve for the past 8 months, even before I decided to buy a Kemper.

Don't spoil it, I think we have something special here...

There are plenty of sites to bash around freely.

Everything comes in time and I like when this time is spent creating things that are of quality and thought thru. Slapping stuff together is too easy and would be an insult to most of us.

The editor will come.