TheAmpFactory Pack6 OUTNOW!

• Hiya BB

Looks like you chose the right ones to marry with your guitar, the low ouput ones were designed with strat in mind, but its nice to have options.

And yes i did this same way with pack 1, i do plan to go through everything at some point, its just a ton of work. Im starting to filter pack 5 first though, - it was about finding a happy medium, and seems like most are happy with this format. So this will indeed be the standard now. If everyone is happy then natrually im happy despite the work, its worth it..

After ive sorted p5 in the same way, i,ll think to do the others. And happy to do so.

• I would say, not only Andy's profiles, but at least 80 % of all profiles sound beter with low output single coils, obviously with Fender Strat in mind (Alder, Maple)
    The rest of 20 % profiles are high gain one, which are very nice with Humbuckers and mahogany type guitars , ie. Gibson Les Paul style.

I will check out pack 6 to see how Andy managed to set up presets matching Gibson style.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I normally just pick sounds and go with them, but lately I've been keeping an eye on what I come back to over and over and THIS pack just keeps turning up in my choices.

If you had asked me what my favorite TAF pack is, I'd think I used the Rock Pack or Bundle 1 (bang for the buck) most but THIS pack, which isn't exactly a Boutique Pack, but more of a true Classic Rock pack, has given me the best bang for the buck. Can't spend a week without playing at least of few of these. Don't know what it is, they just sound great.

If this comes up for sale again, I recommend grabbing it.

The only complaint I keep hearing about Andy's stuff is it's "too loud". Really? Isn't that like saying a striker kicks too hard when he scores?!? I just don't get it. ROCK IS SUPPOSED TO BE LOUD!!! lol

• With ya here db pack 6 is awesome !!!

• One thing I'd like to add. I play with all sorts of guitars, but my favorite of late is the LP and these response perfectly to the LP. Hi-Gain humbuckers do not suffer, they excel. Think of Bluesbreaker and Eric Clapton. He wasn't playing single coils, and I can't nail Beano without using Gibson humbuckers.

The Bluesbreaker profiles are what I judge crunch and distortion by in other profiles and I have several version of it setup for differing cabinets or FRFR with $AA in front so it's always first on my Kemper (overkill labelling but it somehow seems more special! ;)