the UNO chip developer was surprised by the unexpected speed of Kempers development team in releasing the 2.0 update

• The UNO chip developer was surprised by the unexpected speed of Kempers development team in releasing the 2.0 update..... ;)

Congratulations CK and the Kemper team!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::P

I have received the following email from the UNO chip team:

Hi all,

earlier today the Kemper team released their firmware v.2.0 for the Kemper Profiler. Therefore, as promised, we also do an official release of the "UnO for Kemper" firmware today !
    We just uploaded our new website at http://www.uno4kemper.com , you're all invited to have a look.

ok, the bad news is... you won't find any order page yet. Please give me just a few more days to have the web shop up and running. In the mean time take your time to download and read the manual, you will see that the new firmware will turn your FCB1010 into an appealing dedicated floorboard for your Kemper Profiler.

Let me also add the last piece of missing info: pricing. No worries on that topic! We will sell the UnO4Kemper chip for the same cheap price as the original UnO chip: 16 Euro, including free worldwide shipping. As you can see on the website, we will also offer cool and high-quality glow-in-the-dark labels for your FCB1010. Again at a very modest price: chip + labels will be 29 Euro, shipping included.

This week happens to be a busy week for me, and the Kemper guys somewhat surprised me with the speedy release of their major firmware update, but I will do everything I can to make sure that the first UnO4Kemper chips can be shipped beginning of next week! There will be no waiting list, everybody will be able to receive his chip right after ordering. For the glow-in-the-dark labels, I only have limited stock, but I already launched a second order, after reviewing and approving the first small batch. So those should be available on larger quantities on short notice too.

Thanks again for your patience, and have fun!

Xavier
    UnO4Kemper developer

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::P

• Yes, also received this mail and what's described in the manual looks very promising!! :thumbup:
    However I have a few doubts/questions:
    - The secondary function of the rig switches (first press selects the rig, every subsequent press triggers the secondary function) which was offered by the original UNO chip seems to be gone. Correct? I found this very handy for e.g. tap tempo or tuner activation without having to 'sacrifice' one of the top row switches.
    - The expression pedals seem to be hard coded to cc's #1 and #7. Correct? So the new cc #4 for pitch pedal is not supported by this UNO chip??
    - The volume pedal and wah pedal ranges seem to be hard coded to 0-127 and not configurable anymore? I intensively used that range parameter before in order to define e.g. a rhythm and a solo volume via the volume pedal (by e.g. defining a range from 80-127 instead of 0-127)

Anyway I guess I will get the new chip. The great full two way communication just sounds too handy to not have it!! :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Markus

• Thank you very much for sharing this mail !!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Just ordered mine right now. Looking forward to taking apart the FCB and insert that chip.... after reading the manual it will make one world of a difference!!!

• What a brilliant idea, coding the volume pedal 80-127 for solo boosts!