SOLVED - so, no one is getting this bug except me? see the thread "clicks at the end of playing"

• As i think it could be the same problem i don´t want to open a new thread.
    This morning i noticed some clicking every second when i don´t play. Its only noticeable in profiles where the gain is above the 50% of the LED ring.

If the volume is turned down completely on the guitar (all of my guitars btw. ) the click is gone. I muted the strings with a piece of foam to make shure the is no string movement that can cause a sound. The clicking is still there.
    The indicating LED on the input side is off but the output side blinks with every click. Its very regular, about every second.

At first i thought about some kind of watch/clock in the room, but there is nothing. It doesn´t even matter where the guitar is positioned in the room.

I don´t know how to explain it further.
    Also i will check the clean profiles too on maximum volume to make sure that there is nothing. If it helps, i can put some sound files online to check this issue.

Firmware is the 2.4.2 and was the Public Beta before.

• When you say there is no watch in the room that includes no wristwatch too right? These can easily be picked up by the pickups of the guitar and get amplified by the amp if you wear them on the right arm.
    Do you get the click also when you just plug a cable into the input of the Profiler without connecting any guitar?
    Since there are no reports regarding this problem i would like to ask you to open a ticket on our support page and supply a recording of the problem along with a backup of your Profiler so we can try to recreate the situation,

• Im not wearing a watch since the batterie broke down 2 years ago, and it was not the worst decision to keep it that way :thumbup:
    And there is nothing ticking in the room.
    Its actually nearly empty. As written before, the guitar can stand anywhere in the room with or without me and the ticking is the same.

I will upload some sound samples later.

• The diagnostics you have run already point to an EMI source. If the click was downstream of the guitar (stomps, KPA, speakers) it would be present even if the the guitar vol was turned down. If it was the guitar acoustics (strings, bridge nut, etc) it would stop when you mute, so it's not that. What is left over is the pickups, and they respond to electro magnetics either in the string (not the problem) or in the air. So it must be in the environment. I know when my fridge clicks on because it causes an increase in noise (sounds like a motor) and it's probably 20 meters away and therer are several walls and a floor between it and my guitar. One thing you might try if you have a portable amp (I have a Korg Pandora which works great for this) is slip it on your belt and use your guitar to sniff out the problem. It will be like the warmer / colder game you played as a kid. Good luck!

• The diagnostics you have run already point to an EMI source. If the click was downstream of the guitar (stomps, KPA, speakers) it would be present even if the the guitar vol was turned down. If it was the guitar acoustics (strings, bridge nut, etc) it would stop when you mute, so it's not that. What is left over is the pickups, and they respond to electro magnetics either in the string (not the problem) or in the air. So it must be in the environment. I know when my fridge clicks on because it causes an increase in noise (sounds like a motor) and it's probably 20 meters away and therer are several walls and a floor between it and my guitar. One thing you might try if you have a portable amp (I have a Korg Pandora which works great for this) is slip it on your belt and use your guitar to sniff out the problem. It will be like the warmer / colder game you played as a kid. Good luck!

If you happen to have an iphone or ipad and an iRig, you could use that as well with the amplitube free app

• So let my try to explain what i did.

At first i recorded the clicks. you can hear them here: http://c-philipps.com/kemper_clicking.mp3
    I switched to different profiles with different gain levels (the one with the massive humming was a clean one with volumes turned to the max)

I set the volume to an extreme level so that the click is really present. But even with normal settings you have the clicks in the background which is really disturbing, even if its not that present as in my recordings.

I checked the room again for every kind of ticking thing. There is nothing.

I made a reset and uploaded the Beta Firmware again, but still the clicks were there.

To test if the source could be the only clock in my place, i took the kemper to the living room where a clock is there. At first there was nothing but then it appeared.
    I moved the guitar in any direction and could hear it no matter where the PUs were pointing. It is the same as in the music room. So warmer/colder will not really help, i think.

To give it a try i held the clock directly in front of the PUs but it was another sound. And only if the clock was in a range of 10-15cm from the PUs.

The only thing that is clear now is that the click is really in time with the one of the clock. They were not perfect "in time", but the same "bpm" (1hz :rolleyes: )

I checked the Input sources and it only happens in the front input with a connected guitar. No matter if it is connected by cable or wireless (Sennheiser EW G2, which i also unpowered to check if it was the source).

While the wireless or cable where plugged in to the alternative input, there was nothing.

Unfortunately i couldn´t check the SPDIF but after the alternative in is doing fine, i think its not necessary at all.

Is there any kind of frequency generator in the Kemper that could be the source?

I hope my post is not written too confusing

• As hjscheffler mentioned, we are unable to create a noise repeating every second, that goes away when you turn down the volume knob of your guitar, but stays when you only mute the strings. :)

• The only time I have experienced this clicking is when I run through my Scarlett 6i6 via SPDIF. I have to open up the Scarlett mixer and switch from SPDIF to internal and back to SPDIF and the clicking noise goes away.
    It will however come back next time i switch the gear back on from being off.

Sorry if this does not help but it is the only time I have experienced the clicking that you describe.

• The only time I have experienced this clicking is when I run through my Scarlett 6i6 via SPDIF. I have to open up the Scarlett mixer and switch from SPDIF to internal and back to SPDIF and the clicking noise goes away.
    It will however come back next time i switch the gear back on from being off.

Sorry if this does not help but it is the only time I have experienced the clicking that you describe.

I have the exact same setup . Setting it to SPDIF means we are locking the word clock to the Kemper instead of the computer. Which is no surprise since we have been told that the Kemper MUST be the Master for the word clock. It really sounds like this maybe the situation with the OP. If so, its no big deal and easily addressed for most hardware.

• I currently live in an apartment that has an electric security fence on the perimeter wall, and the previous two houses I lived in also had electric security fences. :)
    You can bet somewhere around the perimeter walls two wires are too close to each other or slightly touching, this causes a permanent LOUD metronome click coming through my studio monitors when I'm using single coils...it's happened with all the Line 6 Pods, the Vox Tonelabs, Yamaha Magicstomps, Pod HD500s that I've owned, and even with amps.
    It happens with the Kemper as well, but if I want I can eliminate it with the various noise gates.

• By now, i think that there is something around my house that produces this click. I will check if the problem occurs in other locations as well.

I don´t think that the noise is generated by the KPA itself. But it´s very strange that the click wasn´t there before i got the KPA.
    With other gear there wasn´t such a problem at all. But as i mentioned, its only on the front input.
    And there is a difference to the alternative input, where nothing clicks. Maybe the input of my POD or the interface i´m using together with NI Guitar Rig 3 aren´t that sensitive compared to the front input of the KPA.

Usually i use my wireless which is connected to the alternative in, when i´m in our rehearsal room. Which maybe explains that i didn´t hear this clicking before yet.

But it is annoying that i cant use the front input when im sitting in front of my desk :(
    Using the alternative input is an interim solution but of course a bit dissapointing somehow.

What i do not really understand is the fact that the different inputs seem to "hear" different. Maybe ckemper or hjscheffler can explain the differences with both of the inputs to me... As for me a signal from the PU is a signal from the PU no matter what kind of device listens to it. In my opinion the Signal should be the same, even if the inputs are different somehow.

Gerne auch in deutsch per PN oder Email, das macht es vielleicht ein wenig einfacher.

skintrade and lasvideo:
    The wordclock for SPDIF can be left out as i do not use that kind of professional equipment at the moment.

• After trying out various different locations the clicking is gone. Even at home it was never heard again... very mysterious things happening here :D

But i am happy that it is away.

Still loving my KPA!