2.0 Wah is better than Wah in previous versions

• Yes, I can say that after few days of using it , and I am heavy and long term Wah user and Wah pedals collector , check my Sound Cloud and you will know why.
    In previous versions ,wah was ,say very good, but not excellent , and there was a noticeable that wah continue to color the tone for a loong few seconds after foot is removed from pedal .

In 2.0 , Wah is EXCELLENT , and after removing foot from the pedal, Wah effect stops almost immediately , like a real thing .

My question is that has been done with intention, or this is just a collateral benefit from fixing something else.

Just do not tell me you have done nothing with clear intention on Wah in 2.0 , because it is simply not correct statement :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, thanks to CK and team , Kemper Wah is now a perfect and killer tool inside KPA !

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• I am still surprised how good the wah is. Never been a big wah user, but i like the wah sounds.

I will probably sell my dimebag wah from hell, because i dont need it anymore.

• I use a Fulltone Clyde since years and never succeed to reproduce this tone with the KPA wah. If you could give me some tips I would appreciate! :)

• I think if the Wah is improved in 2.0, Kemper would have mentioned it. But Midi is improved (e.g. faster rig switching) in 2.0, so I can imagine, that is has something to do with this.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I use a Fulltone Clyde since years and never succeed to reproduce this tone with the KPA wah. If you could give me some tips I would appreciate! :)

tip : if you cannot find particular Fulltone Clyde sound in KPA ,that's mean you have to use a real thing .
    I did find my Cry Baby (Hendrix) tone .
    Looking forward for CK to find a time for developing KPA wah even further .. ..

• I would love it if some kind soul would share a few good wah settings, I like what I've got so far but still feel I could do better.

+1

Lots of hardware wah models available and all with different voicing and tone. As KPA can replicate all these wah within its settings, it would be very nice to try all the wah models you good people out there have replicate with your KPA :)

• I have a Kirk Hammet sig Wah pedal I use. I am thinking of selling it and getting something to use for my Kemper instead. What do you guys recommend? If I switch over to an exp for the Kemper will it still sound as good as my KH wah?

• I just received my KPR a few days ago and not sure if this is common knowledge....it wasn't for me.
    (BTW, I can't believe you can't just pull up Wah Wah in the browser and have it work.....you have to construct it from scratch.
    How in the hell am I supposed to know where to set Peak, Manual, etc???!!!!!)

Found these settings in a post at TGP. Apparently, they are from CK. They sound like a traditional Cry Baby to me.
    Pardon me if people already know this. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Manual 3.4
    Peak 7.5
    Pedal Range 31%
    Peak Range -43%

I run the wah output at 100%

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• you can indeed play wah instantly. there are several ready made presets, you just need need to scroll through to the wah section to get them. the settings you listed is likely one of the presets

• copying a settings from another guys with different expression pedals, different guitars ,different pickups and different wah management skills is not so good idea.
    start from Kemper Wah presets and play around it , no body except you knows what is your Wah Wah grail sound .

• you can indeed play wah instantly. there are several ready made presets, you just need need to scroll through to the wah section to get them. the settings you listed is likely one of the presets

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I was turning the Type button only.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me