Performance Mode useless if..... & Performance Upload in RigExchange

• Hi all!

First I want to rephrase my title so I´m not getting bashed sensless by all the Performance Mode Zealots out there! :)

Ok, what´s the "problem"?!

I started working with the performance mode to prepare a live gig later this year.
    One of the songs we will be playing is "Another brick in the wall" and I play lead guitar.

So I´m setting up Slot 1 for a very spacy mega delay/reverb tone and a classical gilmourish tone for the solo in Slot 2.

So far so good, BUT when switching between the two slots I have low crackles and when switching back to slot 1 after the solo it takes a lot of time for the tone to arrive.
    This is unusable for a live performance (hence the title ;) ).

Take a look yourselves:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…ck%20in%20the%20Wall.kipf

It might be this specific rig, but I experience similar (but not so drastic) phenomenons on other rigs - mainly after switching BACK.

Looking forward to your feedback & experiences and even some hints for a solution.

Another thing:
    Will some you considering posting full Performances in the Rig Exchange?!
    Would be very nice to see how you guy work out a whole song (Main, Chorus, Solo and so on)

Thanks for listening and have a nice evening!
    Cheers
    Berglmir

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx

• I received my new chip for the FCB 1010 yesterday and spent several hours last night setting up "songs" in performance mode, and regardless of type of patch being switched to/from, I never noticed any crackling or excessive delay between patches.

What are you using to select slots in performance mode? What type of foot controller?

I had noticed that when I was using my previous UNO chip in the FCB, which was programmed to control several different midi devices by selecting a single press of the switch, there was a slight delay as lots of MIDI data was being submitted. Is your KPA set up to receive only on a specific channel, or in Omni mode? Are the expression pedals assigned to CC#s 1 and 7.

Goog luck, I hope you resolve the issue.

• Well actually, I use NO external controller whatsoever on this stage - I´m still waiting and hoping that in time for my gig in September/October there will be a OEM FC available.
    So atm I´m just using the "Next" Button on the Kemper!

I also would be interested if anyone tried my Performance - did that work?!
    Can you exchange Performances? I´m still curios about that as well! ;)

Cheers
    Berglmir

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx

• Yeah, PM is not quite usable yet. Can't use the volume pedal, since going in and out of tuner mode (at midi volume 0) results in very choppy volume changes. The same scenario works smooth in the browser.

• I think you would have to extract performances from a regular backup.

Yep, that´s what I did! Have not tried to re-import it though.

Maybe it works like a normal rig via "Shared" Folder on the USB Stick, or you have to put it manually in the "Performances" Folder of your backup.
    I think the naming is important too, as I only see 0.kipr to 3.kipr (according to the numbers of performances you actually have of course) - no matter how I have named the Performance.

If someone would share a link with a Performance I´d love to try!

Cheers
    Berglmir

Groucho Marx

• Yeah, PM is not quite usable yet. Can't use the volume pedal, since going in and out of tuner mode (at midi volume 0) results in very choppy volume changes. The same scenario works smooth in the browser.

Hey Trazan, if you want to bypass having the tuner come up from the expression pedal, you can go to Rig, page 3 and set the volume control range higher than the -5, like -4.5. There is also a lock checkbox to make this the case for all rigs.

On my system, the tuner is only coming up if this is set to -5. Hope that helps.

• I put it in the shared folder.

Theirs no option to load a performance.

Ah, this is not a good thing, we need in the future a better management of the Performances out of the KPA. We need in my opinion:
    1 export a single or multiple performances on the USB
    2 import performances from shared folder of the USB
    3 extract and export single rigs from more selected performances on the USB

But I'm sure from Kemper team that in the future they will improve and add function as they already did in the last year :thumbup:
    This is just the first Performance development!

• Hey Trazan, if you want to bypass having the tuner come up from the expression pedal, you can go to Rig, page 3 and set the volume control range higher than the -5, like -4.5. There is also a lock checkbox to make this the case for all rigs.

On my system, the tuner is only coming up if this is set to -5. Hope that helps.

Oh, I do like being able to have the tuner activated when midi volume is 0 :) It doesn't have to enter tuner mode so quickly though. Delaying it a couple of seconds would be fine. The problem though, is that you can't exit tuner mode into a smooth volume increase in PM. Works fine in BM.