A warning if youre buying from Thomann ...

• Today I received back my 'repaired' Kemper from Thomann....It came beautifully packaged, but, it was a cheap 'harley benton acoustic' amp I was sent in return...This is the 2nd time ive had to send the Kemper in for repairs and have been treated this time like a total fool. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if youre thinking of buying from them. Below is the note I wrote to them as soon as I opened the box:

'My order arrived today...Is this a joke?!? I send you a Kemper
    profiling amp (1399 euro) back for repairs (for the 2nd time) and you
    send me a cheap 100 euro "harley benton' acoustic amp in return!? I am
    very upset and angry at this. Not only have I had to send the Kemper
    back two times to be repaired but now im also treated like an idiot as
    well. I feel it is my right to ask for my money back now as this is
    just going on and on now. Please arrange a courier ASAP to take this
    cheap garbage away and refund me my money. The total price I paid was
    1399.00 and I now expect after this mess to be fully refunded for my
    lost time and now a lost unit. Very angry by this. I hope your
    response will be a good one as this is now the worst I have ever been
    treated by a music company.'

Anyone else get such treatment?? :(

• Oh man, so sorry for you. They are gonna be devastated that this happened to you. They will get you sorted, believe me. But my own experience is the exact opposite: Abdolutely stellar service over a time span of more than 10 years. I buy from them almost exklusively.

• I'm a Thomann client for almost 12 years now and ordered gear worth almost a caribbean island and I have never had a bad experience with them, not even slightly bad. I'm really sorry to hear your problems but I'm sure that a quick phone call would help much faster and easier than an angry mail. ;)

Good luck,
    Martin

• That's really unfortunate.

I also have a kemper i bought from Thomann( i actually received a pair of tannoy monitors yesterday from them,everything was fine),and i had to send it for repair because of a bad LCD.
    They were quiet swift in the repair and everything arrived fine.

I had a trouble with a tube amp once,they traded the amp two times and every time time it arrived it had a problem(they refunded me and no harm was done).

But i guess sometimes accidents happen,being the largest European music shop i bet they handle a lot of stuff daily(not that shoud be an excuse).One time i bought a pedaltrain from them and when i got the order they send it by mistake three pedalboards(while i paid for only one).

I contact them and alert them that they made a mistake.i was kinda worried some worker there might got in trouble for this,after all accidents happen at work to everyone.
    They thanked me a lot and praised my honesty and gave me a generous discount for the next time i would buy something from them.

Iv'e have been an actively costumer of them for the last 5 years or so,i don't a bad word to say about them(the minimum price for free shipping could be a bit lower...) .The prices are ok compared to the music stores here in my country,and they deliver stuff pretty quickly.

• What a hassling experience...
    I got my KPA there as well and it has been fine so far.
    The only thing that I find that Thomann are prone to doing is not sending you the correct UK plug for things.
    I've been using a European adapter for my unit for (oh dear) a year now...
    Nothing has burned down yet but the support team here are sorting me a proper UK plug. (Top bloke that Burkhard fellow)

Had a rubbish experience with Digital Village recently when they shipped me the wrong power cable for some Adams a7x
    Speakers... Ended up with 4 different cables and was even told that it didn't really matter what fuse went in them...
    Had to contact Adam direct to find out... They were equal part amused and horrified to hear about this liberal attitude to wiring up plugs... Yeah bung anything in. #rampanthousefire

Hope you get things sorted pronto...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I will receive my Kemper back from repair from Thomann in the next days.
    This will be a suspensful unboxing - I hope it did not also shrink down to a harley benton acoustic amp?!? ;( ;( ;(

Sorry to hear your experience but so far in the last 10 years I never had an issue with them like you describe it here.

I also recived an email that announced me that they sent it away
    today and in that email the content was clearly described. You should
    also have such a mail and I can't imagine that they will oppose to fix this obvious error.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited once, last by fretboardminer ().

• So we'll have soon a new KPA user - one who ordered a $100 amp and got a Kemper :D

Thomann is also one of my favorite dealer - but once I also got something wrong as well.

Hope you have a witness and make sure to take some pictures from the package and your new amp.

Unbelievable - hope they help you asap.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• You seriously think they deliberately sent you this to be mean.....?

It's a huge store. Shit happens. I've never had any trouble with them.

• Things like this happen... but it doesn't make them suck anyless (especially when it happens to you). I feel your pain.

Possibly might want to consider changing your user name, though. :D

Peace...
    bluzkat

• I can totally understand that you're pissed about that, but to warn anyone from thomann is hugely exagerated. I don't know any other company that offers such a good service like thomann does.
    Sorry if things went not to good for you but they also have a shitload of customer and orders everyday, so mistakes like these can happen.

• I just received my parcel from Thomann. And guess what:
    I sent in a Kemp and got back ... a Kemp!!!

And a good one! All LEDs are yelling brightly at me agin. And there even is still my personal favourite rig and everything in the settings how I left it! And it was in total even less than the estimated tree weeks of Kemperlessness (Kemperlessity? Kemperausterity?). A little less than two weeks.

Great service from KEMPER.
    Great service from THOMANN.

I still think it would be a good idea if the repair company that is doing the job for KEMPER would offer a (payed) speedy repair option for those who are willing (or needing) to have it done really, really quick.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Quoted from "lucky"

Today I received back my 'repaired' Kemper from Thomann....It came beautifully packaged, but, it was a cheap 'harley benton acoustic' amp I was sent in return...This is the 2nd time ive had to send the Kemper in for repairs and have been treated this time like a total fool. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if youre thinking of buying from them. Below is the note I wrote to them as soon as I opened the box:

Anyone else get such treatment??

Oh man, so sorry for you. They are gonna be devastated that this happened to you. They will get you sorted, believe me. But my own experience is the exact opposite: Abdolutely stellar service over a time span of more than 10 years. I buy from them almost exklusively.

Oh man, so sorry for you. They are gonna be devastated that this happened to you. They will get you sorted, believe me. But my own experience is the exact opposite: Abdolutely stellar service over a time span of more than 10 years. I buy from them almost exklusively.

I got mine from them, Ive sent back stuff that I didn't want to keep with no problems.. good service all the way. I'm sure that there is either someone new working for them who won't be for long or maybe Just a crazy mistake.. I'm sure of you called them or emailed they would probably just let you keep that benton amp while waiting for your Kemper.. they wouldn't I'm sure hurt the thomann or Kemper sales as the Kemper I think is the number one selling amp for the,....

Leg em down and yackem smackem