A warning if youre buying from Thomann ...

• I would be pretty peed off about this, but like others have said, shit happens.

I had to send a head back to Thomann and it did take around a month for them to repair, which isn't that bad, but it was stressful because I had a few gigs on and their communication wasn't great.

• their communication wasn't great.

Well, yes, this is true a bit. There is not much you can do in between when you just want to know if and how the work is progressing.

To all those who are really in need of speedy repair (for gigs e.t.c.) I strongly recommend to find out the contact to the lab that is performing Kemper repairs in your country and then talk to them directly, politely, generously.

Talking to Thoman would not help much. I did and they offered me to buy a second KPA and send it back (within the 30 days of money-back) after my own Kemp arrives from repair. This certainly is a possible way to go. But I think there are better alternatives that spread the risks and financial burden a bit more equally between the four involved parties (customer, retailer, Kemper and the lab that is commissioned for warranty repairs).

I think the best solution would be if Kemper offered the option of buying a ticket for speedy repair. This would mean: if you can wait your warranty service would be relyable but "one by one" in a row, like it is now. If you need it fast you pay a little fee. That is acceptable, isn't it?

But I wrote that many times before here ...

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited 2 times, last by fretboardminer ().

• [

I think the best solution would be if Kemper offered the option of buying a ticket for speedy repair. This would mean: if you can wait your warranty service would be relyable but "one by one" in a row, like it is now. If you need it fast you pay a little fee. That is acceptable, isn't it?

This sounds like a very good solution to me.
    To the OP: how did Thomann react by now?

• I've bought a few things from Thomman and never had any issues - my impression is that they would bend over backwards for their customers...I thinks this case is really bad luck and I'm sure they will put things right.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• I have bought a truck full of things @thomanns over the years and when i do not have the time to drive the 232 kilometers (144 miles, a joke for canadians and USies, i know)
    i have ordered by mail. i had a problem once, i had received a "new" combo amp which had a broken connection on the
    front panel and was not usable. was quite an action to send it back and wait for the repair "for which we do not charge you" ?( ?( ?( (literally on the receipt)
    and which took a few weeks. that was not so nice.
    apart from that one incidence, never had ANY problems with orders, and got the best counsel and advise ever by mr. cox of thomanns who changed my whole
    equipment and is a supporter of the KPA as well. sorry to hear this story here, but this is an exception, i think.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I ordered also tons of stuff at Thomann (over 300 items ..). Did a lot of back and forth and always everything was fine and treated within a very short time frame. My recent Mesa Boogie amp was a bit of a nightmare. The first one had a led problem (money back), the second one had a strong tube vibration sound (they sent me a set of new power amp tubes). This resolved a good part of the problem but there was still another unwanted vibration in the case. They offered me now a new one. I hope I will not get a Harley Benton :)

So overall, all good with Thomann. Great company. Your case just shows that every system can fail and you had just very bad luck. All will be good

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• Anything that can happen will happen. Probably just bad luck this time. I've used them for about 7yrs and only problem I had was some stuff showing as in-stock but out-of-stock when you buy it. Very good company tbh and they send you a brochure.every month.

• One more Thomann story to add:

Yesterday (Thursday) I ordered and paid a Korg Kronos X 88 keyboard at Thomann and I called them to make sure that I get it by Saturday. I was willing to pay extra, no matter what.
    Today it turned out that it will not arrive on Saturday because the keyboard is to big and heavy for DHL shipping. So they picked UPS but they don't bring parcel on Saturdays.
    Wow, what a disappointment for me that I won't have my new keyboard for the weekend. Without me asking for something, they offered me (as I'm a very good client) a totally unexpected 5% refund on my total order's value.

Still not happy that I won't have the keyboard before monday, but the way Thomann treated me as a customer and how their support staff bent over backwards to help makes it quite a bit easier.

Cheers,
    Martin