My new PRESETS HUB is online!

• Hi!

Just want to share with you my new Presets Hub, I changed the name because I don't want to confuse people here, and also I don't want to seem like I'm looking to get some profit of it. IT'S FREE.

I wanna say thank you! for uploading your profiles, so during a month, all the users that upload at least 5 own profiles will have a FREE 6 MOTH SUBSCRIPTION to my premium zone. Just send me a message or email an claim for your gift!.

http://www.evergladesaudio.com…emper-profiler-preset-hub

• Great!
    But it seems, like the page is down ? ;(

• It's been a while since I created the Preset Hub, a lot of people here where asking for a improved rig exchange, but it seems that due to lack of knowing that this exist or any other issue people are not uploading profiles. I have no time now to upload profiles or get in touch with uploaders to do so, because I'm working on the editor and in the librarian, but I appreciate any help on this matter. Anyway, why do you think the people is not uploading their profiles there?

http://www.evergladesaudio.com…emper-profiler-preset-hub

• Hi!

I have tried but found some issues:
    - Fuchs is not in the list of brands so I had to leave it blank.
    - After uploading a sound clip, the profiles, writing the description and clicking on "Save" something happens but you cannot see whats the problem only a "!" is partially shown and the error message cannot be read. Maybe is because I left blank the amp brand section...

In my opinion, the process is too long.

Saludos!

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• Gracias Pacocito !

Your feedback is very important, I will test this and make a video so it's clear how this works.
    I will make also a form for requesting brands, types etc..

If you want an advanced search function, you have to fill the info, if not, you only have a simple preset hub, like the Kemper site already have.

Thanks again!

• Hi kerman :)

here's a few thoughts since you asked. :)

1. I think it should be setup with its own, short domain name. For example thinking about our wikpa.org, it could be rikpa.org :D ... but that's just a quick and dirty idea, of course. The way you've set it up looks like it's mostly a part of your company and not so much a Kemper community platform. The current URL is 81 characters long, the details page of the first rig in the list has a 118 character URL ... wow, the human mind will shout: "Where was this site I want to visit but already forgot the name and address?" :D

2. For me it's always a little disturbing if I have to register on yet another website to access free content provided by community members for free. There shouldn't be a need to register as long as I don't plan to upload content. So many websites on this planet always asking to register and provide personal data while there's no obvious reason to do so.

So it's basically to hidden and locked for my taste and the intention of the whole show. :)
    Others may think different but you asked for personal thoughts.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Hi lightbox, I didn't thought that way, but you are right, the thing is that getting up a domain and a hosting to get a empty hub is a little risky, as I'm not a full resource man! But if someone offer this (we can do this together) I have no problem in setting this up there, or even in a kemper subdomain if they want, I already offered this but as always get no reply.

About the registration, if you don't register, you will don't be able to edit your own profiles, even having your profile filled in case you want..

• I really like the Idea of a more detailed rig-hub. However I think if you use a wiki (as lightbox already said) without having to log in would be even better and would be something extremely cool. (Just think about that - a own wiki for kemper profiles with a lot of different filter methods for different genres, different ratings, cabs, amps, mic´s etc. That would be extremely killer!)

So keep on improving that great Idea! :thumbup:

• I already disabled the register to download option, but to upload your own profiles you still need to register, so you can delete/edit your own profiles, this is a technical need, if you upload as anonymous, your profiles will be there but you'll can't have a profile page, and the ability to admin them.

Maybe a wiki works also for that, if lightbox wants we can look into that also.

• Well, I'm convinced that a Wiki is great for sharing mostly text based content. I'm not so sure a Wiki is a good place to share rigs though.

Don't know the details of kerman's work, especially the backend for registered rig uploaders. But from what I can see as a simple guest it looks way more promising for this purpose than a Wiki could ever be. :) I don't create my own rigs due to a serious lack of amazing tube amps, so I didn't have a chance to upload a rig on Rig Exchange and kerman's site so far. But just from watching it, kerman's work looks much more appealing to me.

Some potential improvement would be to give downloaders (not only the actual rig uploader) a way to add Soundcloud clips or Youtube videos in comments, where they demo the profile.This way the work load of a rig creator could be lowered and the community can add media to demo the rig if they like it and want to share something as well. :)

Biggest problem remains, that there already is a Rig Exchange and it would be very sad to see this effort be split in two separate projects. I wish someone from Kemper would get in touch with you and discuss things seriously. If your system could be integrated in Kemper's infrastructure ... with some payment for your work of course ... it would be best I think. But hey, who am I to decide on Kemper's and kerman's behalf, hehe?

Cheers,
    Martin

• Yep I agree with that.

Biggest problem remains, that there already is a Rig Exchange and it would be very sad to see this effort be split in two separate projects. I wish someone from Kemper would get in touch with you and discuss things seriously. If your system could be integrated in Kemper's infrastructure ... with some payment for your work of course ... it would be best I think. But hey, who am I to decide on Kemper's and kerman's behalf, hehe?