First Gig With KPA

• I had my first gig today with the KPA. Actually my first gig (company picnic) in a while.

The gig went great and the KPA sounded great. I used my Heritage Gold Top H150 with Lollar P90's and a Yamaha DXR10 monitor (thanks to all the posts on the KPA forum). I didn't have time to get and program an FCB1010 foot controller so I had to use a couple switches I've had lying around for years and connected them (jury rigged) to a stereo cord to move from preset to present up/down. Worked fine. A footswitch would have been a whole lot easier though.

The Yamaha sounded great. I got just a week before the gig so not much time to tinker with it. I think I can get it to sound even better in the future by taking some time to experiment with profile settings. But it was still very nice. The Yamaha is Plenty loud enough, that's for sure and very portable. Unfortunately I was in direct sunlight so I had to keep the KPA shaded so it was not visible :( I didn't want the sun beating down on it.

I used the following profiles.

Marshall Golub Crunch (This profile just sounds good and works great)

Amp Factory Classic Rig Pack =A-Matchless DC30 clean

Amp Factory Mesa Boogie Stiletto (Stileto ch2 Drive+) Really like this profile, Monster chord crunch.

Piezo Roland AC33 (Acoustic guitar sound, by Maurizio, thanks!). Sounded pretty good.

Amp Factory Soldano SLO 100 (solo profile)

I really liked using the KPA, it sounded great. So many profiles that I was able to find the sound I wanted for each song. Lots fun. Even more happy with my KPA. The KPA is awesome.

P.S. I have tried editing this post to get rid of the huge spaces between sentences but it isn't working for me.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

Edited 2 times, last by Laker ().

• Last Wednesday I giged too. I use Kemper with tube poweramp and 4x12 fender tonemaster cab. All I can say is: WOOOOOOOW!!! :O I still feel that blow on my pants... Especially heavy riffing on Diezel VH4 profile. That sound totally blowed me away! 8|

• Just curious Laker, did you have DXR upright behind or monitor position in front of you? I love my DXR first gig with it next week!

Piezo Roland AC33 on rig exchange?

Ezergeezer.

I had the DXR upright next to me and a little in front, there was no where behind me to put it. I could hear it just fine and it was not miked. Yes on the rig exchange. Remember, I am an amateur and not a gigging musician.
    No pics yet.
    Kryho, Did you have the cab turned off? I want to try a nice power amp with my 2x12.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .