Performance Mode - display proportions (performance vs. rig name)

• Would you prefer the active rig to be bigger / better readable? 28

1. Yes, please. I need to see my active rig (24) 86%
    2. No - it works fine for me (4) 14%

I recently played the first gig with the 2.0 beta firmware and Performance Mode. I am glad it is finally on board, and it worked great but I was astonished by the way the display is set-up.
    The name of the performance / song is centered and readable from a distance, but the 5 rig names are WAY too small to read them on stage (except if you walk up to the Kemper and stand directly in front of it). I would much prefer the rigs to be readable (like in browse mode) and the performance name to be a smaller. Personally I use two "performances" for two different bands I play in, and seeing the bandname is not as vital as being able to see the rig that is currently active. Am I the only one or are there more people who'd prefer a large(r) rig name in Performance Mode?

I realize people who choose different performances for each song would like to know which song they're in, but don't you have to see what part of the song you selected, too (i.e. Intro, Chorus, etc)?
    Perhaps the best compromise would be an option in the settings to switch between a bigger performance name vs bigger rig name?

Cheers

• The original purpose of the Performance Mode was to use a Performance per song, and use the slots for the sounds needed in this song. This would require one or two dozend Performances.
    We thought that the Performance name is crucial in this situation. Once I have found the Performance, I know that I hit the third slot for the chorus and fourth for the solo. And so on.

This is the main purpose for the long awaited Performance Mode. :)
    The Performance Mode was never meant to be a program change assignment tool only.
    If you need seven rigs or so along the whole song set, Performance Mode is not the right choice.
    The good old midi assignments in Browse Mode might do a straighter "performance" for you.

• CK:
    The original purpose of the Performance Mode was to use a Performance per song, and use the slots for the sounds needed in this song. This would require one or two dozend Performances.We thought that the Performance name is crucial in this situation. Once I have found the Performance, I know that I hit the third slot for the chorus and fourth for the solo. And so on.

That's the way i use it.
    Please give us an option to rename the slots globally (e.g. Intro, Verse...) and if i don't need an Intro sound make the first slot unavailable and all slots without a loaded RIG automatic muted. Additionally there should be an option to define the first loaded slot per performance.

• The original purpose of the Performance Mode was to use a Performance per song, and use the slots for the sounds needed in this song. This would require one or two dozend Performances.
    We thought that the Performance name is crucial in this situation. Once I have found the Performance, I know that I hit the third slot for the chorus and fourth for the solo. And so on.

This is the main purpose for the long awaited Performance Mode. :)
    The Performance Mode was never meant to be a program change assignment tool only.
    If you need seven rigs or so along the whole song set, Performance Mode is not the right choice.
    The good old midi assignments in Browse Mode might do a straighter "performance" for you.

I also use just 2 performances for an entire set in performance mode and think it's a nice way for organizing all my rigs in one place, also if I want to experiment with several different versions of a certain rig I can audition them in browse mode and when I make my decision I can load the chosen version to the appropriate performance mode slot. So for me a larger display of the current slot would be useful as well.

And by the way is there any way I can store a performance slot back in the browse mode area? Some times I wish I could save my edited slots there, or compare them to other rigs.

• I also use just 2 performances for an entire set in performance mode and think it's a nice way for organizing all my rigs in one place, also if I want to experiment with several different versions of a certain rig I can audition them in browse mode and when I make my decision I can load the chosen version to the appropriate performance mode slot. So for me a larger display of the current slot would be useful as well

If you just need less than 10 different sounds for an entire set, could you store them in the first Slots of 10 Performances? This way you could leverage the larger display of the Performance name. Within each of those Performances you could experiment with several different versions of a certain rig and then use the Arrange Slots function to move the preferred rig into Slot 1.

• If you just need less than 10 different sounds for an entire set, could you store them in the first Slots of 10 Performances? This way you could leverage the larger display of the Performance name. Within each of those Performances you could experiment with several different versions of a certain rig and then use the Arrange Slots function to move the preferred rig into Slot 1.

This brings up another pont which is important to me: since performance mode was announced I thought it would be nice if an entire performance could be preload so switching rigs would be faster. And alas, indeed that's the way it was implemented, which is a good thing - rig changes within a given performance are even faster than in browse mode.

But in my case I use 10 rigs for an entire set, which means 2 performances, which means switching back and forth between performances, which is obviously slower because the KPA needs to preload all 5 rigs each time. Unfortunately because of my midi footswitch (Lexicon MPX-R1) layout, the buttons I'm used to assigning to my main rhythm tone and my main lead tone fell in different performances.

So here's a suggestion/request: that the number of rigs per performance can be configured in groups of 5, from 5 to 20 for instance. The experience of switching between the preloaded rigs within a performance is fantastic, it feels instantaneous and is excellent for live use (better than browse mode), but I'd really need that the KPA could preload at least 10 of them. Also some sort of midi mapping would be an awesome feature addition to performance mode, but I'm guessing that's already planned for.

For now I'll probably be back to using browse mode, but hoping that performance mode can be improved and made more flexible for acomodating the needs of more users. In fact I'm even a bit curious to know if there are a lot of folks who use one performance per song, that seems like a LOT of work not only for creating the entire setup, but also for maintaining it. Maybe if there was a "link" option when loading a rig to a performance slot? So when you modified that rig in browse mode (or even performance mode) it'd reflect that change to all other performances that used that rig? Just an idea.

• I dont't need a better reading of the actual rig, because i use one performance for one song. Nevertheless i would prefer an option to switch between bigger performance name or bigger rig names.

Yeah, I support the user's choice for getting things bigger ... +1