Pitch Shifter Pure Tuning Demo

• I just have to comment here.

I have been using pitch effects extensively live (Eventide PitchFactor, Whammy, Boss Harmonist, Boss GT-100, POG, Boss PS-5, going way back to my GSP2101) and was really skeptical about the new pitch effects. After watching Bill's demo (I have been a HUGE fan of Bill's EHX demos--watched all of them many times) I had to go and try them out.

While they don't have the variety of effects found in the PitchFactor, with the Pure Tuning, Smooth Chords, and Formant Shift the SOUND is just absolutely amazing. It really is a game changer as CK put it. I thought the POG/HOG series from EHX had been the best so far in terms of sounding "organic"--albeit with a ton of added noise floor--but, these are just hands down the best sounding pitch FX I've ever heard. Quiet, smooth, and very organic and musical if you tweak them right.

Other than the Whammy, I have never liked pitch effects in front of an amp, because of the "beating" and horrible harmonic intermodulation but, with the Pure Tuning feature the pitch harmonies sound gorgeously smooth in front of all the gain.

I do wish there were more tweak-able parameters and some additional possibilities (all things I miss from the PitchFactor) but, I'm blown away with the sound quality. Nothing else is close save for actually recording multiple layers of guitars.

Thanks to Bill for "forcing" me to try them out. :P

AND thanks to CK and team for bringing the Pure Tuning and Formant Shift to the guitar world!

J

• Amazing stuff. I need to take a "Kemper vacation" soon, and just dig into the new effects for a week or so.

A Kemper Vacation... I need that!! I Will have to fill in a vacation request form in my corporate website quoting that as reason for the absence....

Unfortunately the Missus would defeat the purpose of the whole idea as she would embark me in multiple activities I couldn't be less interested in....

So many rigs to try and so little time...!!! Sigh... :wacko:

• The problem for me with all this Pitch Shifting and Harmonizer stuff is you have to have a decent knowledge of musical theory to understand it all....and I'm brain dead when it comes to theory. :S :D