Hiwatt DR504

• Ok guys, I probably have this rare amp for sale!

Buildt in 1975 (Serial-No. 8976)
    50 Watts
    Two original Partridge Transformers
    4 x Input (2 x normal, 2 x brilliant)
    3 x Volume Control (master, normal and brilliant)
    Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence
    Standby
    2 x EL 34 (JJ’s), 4 x ECC 83 (Electro Harmonix)
    2 x Speaker-Input (4,8 and 16 Ohm selectable)
    105, 115, 225 und 245 Volt selectable
    1 x wrong Potihead (rest is original Chickenhead)
    Plastic cover for the power light is broken, but the light still functions
    Weight: 16 kg

My impression is, that it's not less than 1.200 Euro worth. What do you think?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Sorry, no profiles. I'm not interested in creating profiles.

Well, send it to me then. I have a toptone DG1 and a toptone DG2 ready waiting to be thrown in front of the amp. Could result in interesting profiles. I was thinking of booking a studio in order to profile these sounds with a Hiwatt - but the Hiwatt's what's missing. ... ;)

• Sorry, no profiles. I'm not interested in creating profiles.

You must have noticed that in the Kemper community there's a strong fondness of Mr. Gilmour and therefore a never ending quest for hiwatt tones.
    Vor dem Verkauf einmal profilen, bitte! Eine Frage der Ehre!
    Before selling please do some profiles! A question of honor! :)

• Well, send it to me then. I have a toptone DG1 and a toptone DG2 ready waiting to be thrown in front of the amp. Could result in interesting profiles. I was thinking of booking a studio in order to profile these sounds with a Hiwatt - but the Hiwatt's what's missing. ... ;)

Sorry, no offense, but I would never send this amp anywhere apart from selling it to someone. All I want to know is, if someone can tell me what it's worth or if someone is interested in buying it.

Edited once, last by Kempermaniac ().

• You must have noticed that in the Kemper community there's a strong fondness of Mr. Gilmour and therefore a never ending quest for hiwatt tones.
    Vor dem Verkauf einmal profilen, bitte! Eine Frage der Ehre!
    Before selling please do some profiles! A question of honor!

I would be glad, if I could sell it to someone who's a member of this forum and interested in profiling it for the Kemper community.

• Sorry, no offense, but I would never send this amp anywhere apart from selling it to someone. All I want to know is, if someone can tell me what it's worth or if someone is interested in buying it.

... I had hoped the smiley indicates that I was just kidding! (War ja nicht so ernst gemeint - aber Berlin ist wirklich nicht weit von mir....). Maybe I should send you the toptone pedals and a simple SM57 so that you can profile the amp - honestly, if I had an amp like that, I couldn't stand NOT profiling it!

• Wow very cool amp man, that would be great to profile it for the community , please do not let it go without making a few profile, it's quite rare.

Profiling is very rewarding , and if you like your amp you'll still have the profiles if you miss it afterwards. Don't you got a SM57 ?

R

• ... I had hoped the smiley indicates that I was just kidding! (War ja nicht so ernst gemeint - aber Berlin ist wirklich nicht weit von mir....). Maybe I should send you the toptone pedals and a simple SM57 so that you can profile the amp - honestly, if I had an amp like that, I couldn't stand NOT profiling it!

Where are you located, Joerch?

• if you miss it afterwards

To be honest: I will not miss it, I think. I used it more as a "loudmaker" for preamps like Marshall JMP-1 or ADA MP1. And I didn't use it for years. I really like the idea of selling it to someone, who really appreciates this amp.