Adjusting Volume Pedal Taper?

• I admit it... I'm a Volume Pedal Junkie... Ever since hearing Larry Carlton years ago, I really like to use a volume pedal for swells and attack. Tried many, so far my favorite is a Tru-Tone Modded Ernie Ball Jr. Presently going strat into 2 knob Keeley Compressor, OCD, Timmy, EP Booster, Volume Pedal, Zoom G3 for tuner, tape delay, reverb, then Kemper. However, recent talk of FCB and other controller getting me wanting to go all Kemper. I have a FCB1010 with Eureka Prom, and it works pretty well, but the volume pedal works, just doesn't have the "punch" like the EB Jr. I know you can change the taper on an Eleven Rack, can I on the Kemper? Any other ideas?

• Custom curves had been requested several times before here, but maybe it is a good idea if you repeat this request once again.

I use a HILTON optical volume pedal in the KEMPER's effects loop. This occupies the Direct Out jack and adds more D/A conversion stages but it is the only way to get the sensitivity I was used to from earlier, analog setups. I am unhappy with the curves of the expression pedal and, above all, also with the mecanical inertia in other expression pedals on the market.

If you are happy with the Ernie Ball you could try if it is possible connect it to the KEMPER's EXP jacks in addition to your FCB1010. I have no experience with MIDI in the KEMPER but I know it is possible to use the Ernie Ball as a direct expression pedal if you connect it with a Y-cable.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.