Solo boost

• Requesting a simple linear boost in the stack section (after amp, selectable amount of dB's) that can be activated with a CC#, to avoid occupying the x-slot just for this simple task.

Though not so elegant, I'd even settle for a CC# to control rig Volume so that I can program an IA switch to send the appropriate values for normal/boost.

• Requesting a simple linear boost in the stack section (after amp, selectable amount of dB's) that can be activated with a CC#, to avoid occupying the x-slot just for this simple task.

Though not so elegant, I'd even settle for a CC# to control rig Volume so that I can program an IA switch to send the appropriate values for normal/boost.

Why not use performance mode and setup a rig slot to switch to for a solo boost.

+1 :)

• The simplest solution, I'd say. Or you can set up a volume pedal to give you a boost.

I need to just add loudness to where I'm at at the moment, including any adjustments to effects etc. that has been done. Changing rigs will not work.

The volume pedal (CC#7) is already in use.

I need to just add loudness to where I'm at at the moment, including any adjustments to effects etc. that has been done. Changing rigs will not work.

Switching between Rig slots in performance mode is as simple as turning on or off a boost stomp.

Copy the rig to another slot' adjust the loudness and save.

• Switching between Rig slots in performance mode is as simple as turning on or off a boost stomp.

Copy the rig to another slot' adjust the loudness and save.

When I modify effects as I go (turn on/off, adjust delay mix etc) the current state/settings will be lost if I switch rigs.

• Are you a guitar player or tap dancer :D

I''m just trying to help you make it work with what is available.

yes there are not enough stomps spots in the KPA compared to many analog pedal boards.

A midi accessible boost would seem a simple answer.

• The Pure Booster (by engaging it) or Pedal Booster (using the Wah Pedal) does exactly what you require.

Not really. What he was asking for was a booster 'in the stack section (after amp, selectable amount of dB's) that can be activated with a CC#, to avoid occupying the x-slot just for this simple task'.
    I think this would be pretty nice to have. However I also agree with the others that with the possibilities of the performance mode we have a suitable 'workaround'!

Cheers,
    Markus

• Yeah, there are other solutions, but none as elegant as a CC# for it in the amp section! 8)

The one thing that will do exactly the same is a booster in the X or MOD slot. I was just hoping we could save those slots for other effects though!

• I think this is a great idea!
    However, you can already do that with CC# though. It's a bit unconvenient though.

You will need NRPN messages. You could use Cab Volume (MSB 12 LSB 03) for that. If your floorboard doesn't support NRPN you can do this with MIDI CC Messages.
    You have to send:
    CC #99 12 (12 is the value)
    CC #98 03
    CC #117 VOLUME

For Volume you toggle between 2 values (7bit, you can alos send 14 bit values but I think that doesn't make sense at all in this case), depends on how much you would like to "boost" the volume (I'd recommend setting up a minus boost though, just to avoid clipping).

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Ah, do you know if it's possible to do this to "Volume"? I often use a real cab so the cab section is off. This could somehow work (if my controller is able), although could be a pain to program those normal/boost numbers in the foot controller, and change them whenever a new rig is assigned to the PC#

I notice there's a CC# for Monitor volume. It could be a simpler solution for the times I use cab only, although it will obviously boost any delay/reverb tail present...which is not very elegant :)

• Sure:

Rig Volume is: MSB 04 LSB 01
    Monitor volume: MSB 127 LSB 02

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar