Anyone else get stuck on one (or just a few) amps?

• me, not more than 10 amps,which come up up to 50 or so profiles...depending of which guitar I am using, and what kind of music I am up to....
    Only few amps work with each guitar equally good, and these are the best amps/profiles for my set up....
    more, I am using another 20-30 amps occasionally , for really specific and particular songs and guitarists I like....
    All in all, my vintage midi foot controller is fulfilled with close to 1oo profiles , each on his place in 10 banks, that's it .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 3 times, last by Rescator ().

• i have to cover various styles for my students. then i obviously use different profiles for different needs.
    a high gain vht pitbull for metal, a fender for cleans or even a plexi, a carol-ann for smoother solos.

if i play and compose for myself i use almost EXCLUSIVELY my favourite rig:
    the sensational donationware profile of mats nermark's: the vanWeelden Twinkleland.
    blues, rock, crunch, solo, even semi-clean, it is all covered here. i could not be happier.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• with the previous piece of gear I used I had about 10 tones that I went to
    I got more than I can shake a stick at now and eachone is very inspiring

I did a rig count of near 1000 and a heap more to import 8|

I'm gonna go thru a bit each day and clear out some of the excess

• I see it all the time with real amps.
    A guy buys a new tube amp, some new pedals, and that's the amp/pedals he'll play/gig with for a certain period of time.
    A few months go buy, he starts getting agitated, he has GAS, he needs a new amp, new sound, he buys another amp.
    Now the new amp is the one he's 'stuck on' for a while, until he gets agitated again. :)

I guess it's the same with the Profiler.
    You're stuck on a few amps right now, but things might very well change.
    It depends on your situation, you're in a band and you need certain tones for gigging, so you'll stick with the Profiles that do the job.
    Many guitarists play in two or three bands, or do session work for different studios, different Profiles will work for each different situation.

Another thing that's kind of weird.
    I get used to playing my Kemper in my situation (sitting in front of my studio monitors), and certain Profiles become my favourites.
    Yesterday I had a guy over to demo the Kemper and a Tokai LP.
    So I take a guit out the box, we plug in and tune, I twirled the 'Browse' knob and landed on a "JVM/Marshall G12' Profile by XczajaX.
    I've never played it before, forgot that I had downloaded it.
    Anyway, onto the neck pickup and he starts playing Gary Moore 'Parisienne Walkways'.
    He's like, WTF, I can't get my real VOX AC30 with a bunch of pedals in front to sustain like this...and that solo needs sustain. :D
    I sat listening to this guy play for 3 hours, we didn't even get to try one of my 550 "LW" favourite Profiles.

Seriously, let someone else play your Kemper, walk away and listen from different places in your apartment/house, you'll be amazed at how many 'ignored' Profiles start sounding incredible.

• Well said Lance ! :)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I use only Soundside profiles :D

But even this profiles are much to much for the KPA to hold - so I use also only a selection.

As other mentioned before - I also love to use the latest ones most - but there are some 'all time favorites'.

While it could happen that I spend more time tweaking my AxeFx then playing - on the KPA it could be that I spend more time selecting profiles than playing ;)

That's why I use either my favorites or play with profiles from one amp at a time.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de