Anyone else get stuck on one (or just a few) amps?

• New owner, only had it since the weekend. Tried all of the amps initially but I find that I mostly stick with one or two amps already. I guess that's normal? I have to admit that this unit sounds just like the tube amps I own and have owned, maybe better in some cases. How many amps are most of you using?

• In reality i only use 3 profiles 95% of the time, i fool around a lot with others though.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I use TAF's JCM800 95% the time... even for clean, couldn't be happier :) But I tweaked it a little and have 3 profile with different gains.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

Edited once, last by mDan: Added a "C" to JCM :D ().

• I only use 5 profiles, and 3 of them are different gain settings of the same amp.

Exactly the kind of thing that I'm finding. Fall in love with an amp, make a couple of settings with it and I feel like I can cover almost anything.

• I use TAF's JM800 95% the time... even for clean, couldn't be happier :) But I tweaked it a little and have 3 profile with different gains.

Exactly the same here.....same amp/profile....it was a game changer for me finding that profile :)

• Is it a free TAF Profile, or Commercial?

I have the JCM800 pack but I just use the TAF ManRock 800 (or something like that) - it's spot on for me... I saved it with 3 gain settings and use it all the time - sounds great with my Tokai, my Tele and with the PRS, guess it's just THE sound for me :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• My Kemper is on the way. I've been listening to The Amp Factory profiles and can see I may be in trouble. Most of them are excellent. I'm hoping the factory profiles are good so I don't end up spending a fortune on The Amp Factory. I can see myself down the road ending up with a half dozen that I actually use.

• The word is wonderful just because it's various 8o:)

I use a lot of profiles....
    1) because I like playing a lot of different things,
    2) because I like to give a different colour to every song in the "sound space",
    3) because the KPA have so damned good profiles to listen to ;(;(

So, when I search the sound of a song, I even don't start with only the "classic" amp you are thinking about teorethically, I search between a different set of what I selected in the KPA and just choose the best one for me in that context and often I choose profiles I would never think about it before, but the result is awesome, at least for me :whistling:

Try guys also with different things you will never think before, the digital world give to us this great opportunity: to change, to try, to experiment ;)

• I am currently using a single amp profile live. I will add a boost, delay, reverb etc occasionally to change things up, but the underlying amp tone is always the same. Simple and consistent for our sound guy that way.

• For gigs I use the 1959HW Plexi & Dlezel VH4 from Soundside for the most part. Also use the AC20 & recently loaded some of Maurizio's awesome Vox profiles in. Of course I continue to look for other cool amps because I can't help it!