Posts by boyfromnorth

Always hard to recommend profiles because everyone has different tastes but if you like the JMOD from tone junkies (one of my fav from them) you could also like the tone king imperial profiles from the amp factory. They made 2 packs, the first with the rig pack 1 (these sound more nasal), and a second one with the rig pack 11 voiced differently (more clear/transparent), some are made for strat, tele or lp but they sound good with a strat and gives you many different options). They are by far my long term favorite profiles for fender style amps with a strat.

If you buy other monitors/frfr try if possible before buying because it can give very different results and noone agrees on what is the best ...

Thanks for the recommendation. I got the Tone King profiles from the rig pack 1. I had to tweak them a lot to make them sound good with my tele. All the profiles are clipping for me for some reason. Nothing a quick volume change can't fix.

While I was on the site I also went with the Fender Champ 64 profiles and they were exactly what I was looking for. They make my tele shine. :love:

Thanks!

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper!

You can use the search function here in the forum to find various suggestions on FRFR (and other) solutions. The Headrush 108 has a good reputation here and it is rather inexpensive compared to some others (Yamaha DXR10, Dynacord etc.).

Thanks!

Yes I see most people recommend DXR10 but somehow I don't like the look of it.

I'll check out the Headrush 108.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Hi Everyone,

I got my Kemper(non powered head) 10 days ago and have been using it everyday without fail. Mostly for home practice and recording.

It took me a while to pull the trigger on one and I'm glad I did it.

I have never been so inspired(tone wise) to pick up the guitar and play. Whatever I do with the Kemper just sounds so so sweet that it makes me want to play more.

I can't say the same about my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Most of the time I'm struggling to get a descent sounding bedroom level tone. Don't get me wrong I still love that amp but something about the Kemper makes it look obsolete.

I tried profiles from M Britt rig pack and found a few that I really like and purchased John Mayer (two rock and JMOD) bundle from tone junkie.

the JM proto 1 Sig + profile is my go to.

Also the free tone king profile from Paul Davis is super sweet.

I mostly play clean with a little overdrive once in a while.

Any other recommendations?

My current setup:

Kemper going to my audio interface (Presonus audio box) to cheap studio monitors (presonus eris e3.5).

If I don't feel like plugging in my computer and using the monitors, I go straight to Hot Rod's fx return (monitor cab off). It sounds usable but far worse than the persons eris.

So I've been contemplating getting a FRFR cab or get some descent high quality studio monitors?

I don't think I'll be playing live anytime soon but that might change.

I really like the frfr cabinets but most of them are quite expensive.

I can probably do south of 500 USD.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!