Posts by GuitZero

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! Friendly community.

Welcome and congrats, GZ. 8)

Indeed, the KPA does have a lot of strengths. It'll be interesting to see if you eventually ditch the amps; you wouldn't be the first. The usual route for tube die-hards is to run both for a while and then let the real amps go, but some retain at least a single amp either 'cause they have the available space or for occasional playing and / or nostalgic reasons.

I had already began fantasizing about trimming the fat. Of course, I suppose time will tell. I have already begun cataloging my amps, of which I have 14 of - if my 7 AM math is correct.

I love to design and build amps though so it will never leave me, but it will be interesting to build unique amps for profiling. :)

Hello Fine Folks.

Long long (loooong) time tube amp devotee, enthusiast, and builder of tube amps. I love tube amps.

So why did I buy a Kemper?

Well, after resisting for years, as a typical tuber would, I have been keeping my eye on the technology every now and then. After seeing the millionth Kemper vs Tube amp video, there was a blindfold test by those wacky characters at Andertons. I decided to play along.

Six times out of six, I picked the Kemper. So I went out the next day and picked up a new PowerRack.

Been with it for a it over a week now. I will reserve my this vs that opinions for a later date - regardless, there is room for both - no need to e the one or the other guy. The Kemper has a LOT of strengths and I will surly benefit from them!

So, there you go! Cheers! :S