Posts by Crookster

There's no denying the Cortex profiles (whoops 'captures') well, but I'm much more concerned how if plays under the fingers.

I love my Kemper and I think its the stand out piece of guitar equipment I own, but as close as it might be to a tube amp, a tube amp it aint.

For me this is where the most important comparison between the KPA and Cortex will come into play and what I'm most intrigued about.

This'll be subjective of course, but individually we'll only know for sure if we get to try the new kid out, and are honest with ourselves.

I reckon Kemper already have a head start on this after introducing the excellent Kabinet, so roll the dice......

Andertons just pushed my order of the QC to mid/late April and I'm apparently on the the first shipment order!

Just replied back saying I'm happy to wait and dont mind being pushed back to second or third shipment if someone else on their list is desperate for it.

Really not in any great panic to get it and they've only got £145 of my money.

For now my time is being taken up with playing my Victory V40 and my newly constructed pedal board.

Just for the record those Origin effects are damn good pedals!!

I own the Ox and use it as an attenuator with my Victory V40 Deluxe amp and cab and it sounds great. But where this comes alive is connecting to studio monitors and using the in-built cabinet sims and microphones, not to be mistaken with IR's

The built in effects are really good too, especially the delays and compressor.

I was going to start a thread on here about it, as I feel its like the cousin to the Kemper, (so to speak).

Its no nonsense, extremely flexible, and a proper musicians piece of gear, (not that I include myself in that).

Its a studio players dream, you'll be hard to find a negative review of it.

Thats my ten pennies worth, as I can't vouch for the other brands.

However I wouldn't trade my Kemper in for it and so I guess I am lucky to be in a position to own both.

Not sure if this helps.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is young Jack from Peach guitars showcasing my very own PRS.

I can't say that I can get it to sound as good mind!

My 35th anniversary PRS Custom is the best quality guitar I have owned or played in forty years.

The fretboard plays like silk and the frets making string bending a breeze.

Mr Paul Reed Smith's dedication, enthusiasm and honesty towards his instruments and company is there for all to see and whilst being a multi million dollar brand somehow, in my opinion, still manages to feel boutique.

For me that video is a bit "disappointing". And it seems there are no profiling secrets to watch here?!

It's not really disappointing, because I like many MBritt profiles. I love how they sound and not how authentic they are.

But I am honest - I expected MBritt profiles to be much closer to the source amp (maybe others are?).

So let's better call it: Watching the video is very demystifying. If you only focus on authenticity, I can CLEARY hear the differences. And in both examples the difference is more than 1% - let's be honest. They both do not sound identical to the source. At my first listen I was quite shocked, because I expected a video that shows how close the Kemper can come. Maybe (more) refining down the fretboard would helped here?

I dont agree, I think the profile is exceptionally close and thats with a basic refine.

What more do we need? by the time we eq, compress or reverb it to our taste it'll be different again, and quite possibly better.

Great video lonestargtr just shows if you have the right equipment and knowhow you'll match 99% to the amp, the last 1% is negligible. Definition, eq etc is just salt and pepper.

Should definitely do more of these vids.

Now where can I get me one of those remote control mike cradles! I could convert it and never have to reach for a beer again!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thought I’d drop this off here as he mentions the Cortex as the “ new thing”.

He demonstrates brilliantly what can be done with, what sounds like a fairly basic profile, which I probably would have skipped.

It does help that he’s a killer guitarist, but there’s no doubting his tone.

Plenty of life in the ol keeper still!

It's an amazing guitar. How long have you had yours? I reach for mine very often.

I had the Horizon red with rosewood fretboard but traded it in for a Frost with maple fretboard. Both lovely guitars but prefer the frost one with its satin finish neck.

The pickups on the Silver sky beat most custom shop Strats in my opinion.

I don;t know much about monitors but you want them as flat as possible.

The Yamaha HS series are pretty good. I have the HS8's and I like them ( although they don;t get much use)...

I have the Yamaha HS7's and they sound killer with my Kemper. May just need to add some bass.

The Stereo reverbs and delays are fantastic.

Thinking of cancelling my order of the Cortex, playing with my Kemper, im not so sure I need it.

Pretty sure after an hour or so it won't sound much different than what I own already, so I may as well save myself £1500.

.........maybe put it towards another geeetarrrrr?