Posts by Crookster

I have just had an email from my supplier regarding my order of the Cortex saying they are now delaying it till March, essentially putting it back a month.

The reason for this decision was to allow some final tweaks and stress testing to their cloud service. They have thousands of units already built and ready to ship as soon as they are satisfied with the changes. They have also assured us that the release will be simultaneous through all dealers.

Perhaps this is true or maybe they have been following this thread! ;)

Either way, its ok I can wait, Ironically I have been semi tempted to cancel it.

Pretty sure why PT, TQ and RS said the Cortex was good, that's because it probably is. For me irrespective of if it was a sponsored review or not. In all their YouTube channels and I would say these guys are pretty objective, Pete and Rhett more so that Tom, (I'll forgive him as he's such a technically brilliant player).

Lets be honest we can all see and hear just how good it is for ourselves.

Is it as better than the Kemper? probably not, but then it hasn't got 10 years or so of updates, commercial profiles and an excellent customer service behind it.

Given the same amount of time as the Kemper it will absolutely be as good, perhaps better, it does have the processing power after all. However this is assuming that Kemper stands still which I very much doubt will be the case.

For me its ok to like the Cortex......and the Kemper...... and amps and pedals. I dont think they'll ever be a definitive 'everybody's favourite', certainly while we all have our own opinions. Of course its human nature to prefer what you own. I like Ferrari's and Lamborghini's, couldn't say which one is better though.

I absolutely admire ckemper adding to this thread and I'd be surprised if he didn't have a trick up his sleeve, but if he didn't he's still a genius in my eyes as there wouldnt be a Neural Quad Cortex if it wasn't for him and his colleagues.

For us lucky folk its great because the bar just gets raised higher and higher.

Just took a call from Andertons to ask if I was aware of the delay on the unit which I obviously was, but he also said they'd ordered 100 units and I have been allocated the 100th one so they're effectively sold out again.

Mine is Onyx with a rosewood board. I'd love to try the maple. Gorgeous, congrats. It's one of my favs!

I had the Horizon red with the rosewood but now I have the Frost with the maple fretboard. Personally I prefer the maple but mainly because the back of the neck has a satin finish. Good enough reason to trade one for the other? probably not, but I was really keen on the frost and im pretty sure its for keeps.

These guitars age quite nicely, my first one the neck and headstock yellowed quickly and the pickguard went minty green when compared to my new one. This was within two years.

Yikes! That's a Helluva list for one year.

Did you manage to eat? :pinch:

I think Covid hasn't helped, retail therapy!

Probably have to reign it in for 2021, probably/possibly the Cortex as curiosity may get the better of me.

Oh and a Tele Ultra, and possibly a HSS Fender pro 2......

......this aint gonna end well.

Good thread!

This is gonna surprise even me!

Headrush pedalboard (curiosity got the better of me, subsequently sold it to purchase my Kemper)

Boss WL-20 compact wireless guitar system

Fender American Deluxe USA 2013 butterscotch blonde Telecaster, (sold to finance my PRS 35th anniversary)

Gibson USA Standard gold top Les Paul, (sold to finance my custom shop LP)

PRS silver sky horizon with rosewood fretboard, (sold to finance my PRS white maple fretboard)

Kemper toaster with remote footswitch (this is for keeps)

Mission expression pedal for remote

Headrush FR unit, (sold when Kone came along)

Candy red custom shop 60's Strat, (sold to finance Texas tea Strat)

Mint green Rebel relic Strat pickguard

Victory 112 speaker cabinet

Kemper Kone speaker, (to go inside Victory cab)

Ritter Camplifier stereo power amp (for my KPA toaster)

Monty's Pete Honore style tele pickups

PRS 35th anniversary custom in black gold burst

PRS silver sky frost with maple fretboard

1960's anniversary custom shop Les Paul VOS in Southern fade

Texas tea custom shop 62 Strat

Victory V40 valve amp

Victory 212 speaker cabinet

Pedal train Novo pedalboard

Cali76 compressor pedal

Ditto looper pedal

TC electronics tuner pedal

Thorpy The Dane boost/overdrive pedal

MXR Carbon copy analogue delay pedal

Boss Waza amplifier headphones, (sold as they weren't great)

Kingtone Mini Fuzz GE pedal

Kingtone Dualist overdrive pedal

Yamaha HS8 studio monitors (pair)

Studio monitor stands

Gigrig power supply and numerous adaptors

Victory V4 The sheriff pre-amp pedal

Various leads

I think thats it, hope my wife doesn't read this!

monitors are basically FRFR. Plastic monitors of any sort, just never worked for me

I bet it does sound glorious in stereo

Yes essentially thats what they are. Playing stereo easier with monitors unless you have a two cab set up. However I find you have to drive the guitar cabs/kones to get the best out of them and to hear the little nuances, which isn't always easy in a home environment.

Probably drifting off topic here, apologies for that.