Posts by Crookster

Since April ive been using my KPA through a Kone which I fitted inside a Victory cabinet, and powered by a Ritter Camplifier which sound killer.

Today I plugged some Yamaha HS8 monitor speakers into it and all I can say is wow. I'd forgotten just how good the KPA sounds through monitors, Stereo is out of this world.

Bought some Soldano profiles a while ago and they sound awesome through the monitors.

For me the Kabinet/Kone or decent monitors are superior to FRFR.

That being said I used the Headrush FR unit, which isn't the best.

Happy Christmas ladies and gents.

Genuinely thought Anderson’s demo of the Cortex sounded fantastic.

Be nice to hear some quality clean to break up sounds or some Vox sounds straight off the bat.

Great ! did you notice much tonal diff. vs the rosewood neck ?, I plan to get a white one with a maple neck.

I also wonder the neck feels to you , which kind of profile is it ?

Very similar profile to my Horizon with Rosewood neck but this new one has a satin neck.

Both great but I think I prefer the maple. Very similar tone wise but the Rosewood is a bit warmer and ever so slightly less Strat like.

A couple of new additions to my collection, another Silver Sky but this time with the maple neck.

Really wanted this guitar as its the same colour configuration as my very first Squire Strat which I bought

almost 35 years ago. Feels like ive gone full circle and I'm delighted.

Other one is a 60th anniversary 1959 Custom shop Les Paul which for me is about as good as it can get other than owning an actual 59.

I did a whole lot of research before buying and also sold my Gold top to pay towards it, but it really is a wonderful guitar and is for absolute keeps.

I just hope that when I die my wife doesn't sell it for what she thinks I paid for it.

I must confess to being a bit late to the party in terms of updating to the new Beta OS and once I did for the life of me I couldnt find the new overdrives!

Finally after reading through a lot of this forum I found them and added them to my presets.

Now here's the thing, I didn't even know I had ANY presets available to me, imagine my surprise when I found almost 400.

Ive owned and loved my Kemper for almost a year but now ive found all these preset effects available to me, its like having a whole new unit.

Ive always tweaked with the effects whilst on a profile but having presets already done for you is so much easier. Some of the MB ones, in particular the Uni Gilmour are fantastic.

And yes some of the new overdrives are excellent and integrate with some clean profiles so well.

Happy all over again, the Kemper never disappoints.

Hi skoczy, I find the lead sounds alright, I don't really play with a crunch rhythm, more just clean and on the verge of break up.

Tweaking it though I find it plays high gain better than medium.

I genuinely find it good for what it is, a wireless, smart looking (my wife seems to think it looks ok to keep in our garden room) practice amp which connects seamlessly to my phone.

It can play loud but I rarely do.

Compared to my Kemper its not even in the same ball park, but price wise it has no right to be.

I personally dont think you would need headphones. The Kemper is pretty awesome at low volumes.

Obviously the lower the volume the less air is being moved my the speaker, (assuming a cabinet is being used), but the same will apply to headphones.

I find playing with headphones a pain. Thats just me though.