Posts by Mikegyver

In Rig Exchange, look by album name (ex. Cowboys from hell), or search for user Tool2000.

Tool2000 has lots of free professional album-tones for Pantera and Metallica.

Lead tones you'll need to tweak on your own in most cases.

Regarding your Kemper Stage setup, you'll need to describe more about your setup to troubleshoot. I'm guessing some output settings need to be tweaked on your side. If using a real poweramp/cabinet, you should output using 'Monitor Out' and disable the cabinet option for that output.

If using a PA speaker or FRFR setup, you should keep the 'cabinet' enabled or it will sound terrible.

Check out the "Kemper Legends Tribute Collection 1-3" in Rig Packs. There are lots of artist-based tones readily available there for free. Most of them are good, some need tweaking.

Sadly, I don't think it had anything to do with the band, Ghost. I think they just named it like that because of the holiday.

It was an actual Ghost band pack, but only available for a limited time for some reason. I emailed and asked if it was a Ghost band pack, and they said yes and it will be available again someday.

Hopefully this post helps someone trying to find a power amp for their Kemper. Just wanted to post some results from a personal test comparing power amps.

Some friends had all of these amps in one spot so we tried various combinations to see what works best with Kemper. Test on various v30 cabs, mesa 2x12 and orange 2x12 mostly.

3rd place (distant 3rd): Crown XLI 800 (Solid state, Class AB): https://www.crownaudio.com/en/products/xli-800
    Summary: Don't use Crown XLI series with Kemper, only use for PA/drums/bass/music. Sounded sterile, lacking detail, and "hi-fi" compared to Orange SS Class AB amp.

Was expecting better due to Class AB design, haven't compared directly to Crown Class D (XLI amps) yet.

2nd place: Orange Pedal Baby 100
    (Solid State, Class AB): https://orangeamps.com/pedal-baby/

Summary: This is the winner overall (bang for buck). Sounds significantly better than Crown, much more 'guitar amp' like and warmer/less digital. Not as deep, transparent or 3D as Mesa.

1st Place: Mesa Mark V

(tube, inserted into FX return loop)
    Summary: Tube is still king. 3D, transparent, deep and rich, darker and less 'boxy' than Orange - but not enough to require tubes. A $2500+ tube amp section is expected to sound better than a $400 solid state option - but not enough to bring on the road. In a live setting, the Orange SS option will sound indistinguishable to the audience.

I've been waiting for a Ghost Kemper pack for awhile and haven't had much luck.

LivePlayRock posted a Ghost pack privately a year or two ago. I believe they will release it again this October (halloween time?).

Why?, wouldn’t that add character when the amplifier goal is to be as transparent as possible?

The problem with Class D is that it is essential "digital" and are generally among the worst tonally, where they can't tend to have more harmonic distortion and can't keep up with bass frequencies at higher volume. Class D is used because it is efficient to produce higher wattage and is typically "good enough" for most people (non-audiophiles). Class AB is among the best tonally and will have superior detail and warmth with a faster response and will feel more normal to a guitarist.

Nice! What kind of guitar/which pickup?

Can you share your Acou Sim settings?

Signal chain here is: (G&L Strat with GFS "VEH" Bridge Pickup) -> Noise Gate 2:1 (optional) -> Compressor (intensity 2.7, attack 3.7, squash 1.7, mix 100, volume 2.0) -> Acoustic Simulator (Pickup 5.0, Body 1.6, Bronze -4.7, Sparkle 1.4) -> Amp (off!) -> Cabinet (off!) -> Legacy Reverb (optional)

Maybe a big part of this is to play using your fingers? All I did was play using bridge pickup using fingers into my desktop speakers, and recorded with iphone. I've sinced tweaked with a studio EQ to increase some mids here and there but the above setting is what i used.

I've seen some dudes rag on here about the acoustic simulator, and I've never understood why. IMO it does a very good job - even with nylon sounds.

A dude on facebook asked if the simulatorwould work for a Rush - Farewell to Kings intro, and most guys said "nah". I did a quick iphone demo of that intro and I find it perfectly acceptable in a live situation to use the acoustic simulator instead of switching guitars. Take a quick listen to the recording in the drop box link, tell me if you agree or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wm4o…ell%20to%20Kings.m4a?dl=0

I got Live Play Rock's Poison pack and it's fantastic really, it'll have all the CC Deville tones you really want. They take a little tweaking (removing some EQ stomps, etc) but the end product sounds identical to the recorded sounds.