Posts by Johndoebh

the thing is that just the first time it happens. After that, it runs smoothly. Original cable as well. I am waiting for the next update and maybe if i update the profiler than it will change something and "pair" more ok with the remote

I made a factory reset and i am using OS 8.7 on the Kemper. Nothing changed. Sometimes when i start the unit, i go right to performance mode. No computer connected to my Kemper. Trying to switch between presets of a performance, it has a lag that goes away after changing a few presets. BUT, before that, sometimes it simply doesn't change the presets. I go from preset 4 to preset 3 and it doesn't change the sound, just the screen and all the buttons assigned to that preset, but no sound change. Another time, it has latency of 1-2 seconds. After all of this is done, the remote workes flawlessly. tried with another performance and had the same issue. I opened a support ticket!

Hello everyone. I just got a remote after spending aprox 2 years on the FCB with uno4kemper. What i have noticed is that when i start the kemper, i turn the knob to performance mode. Now, when i try to switch between the profiles on the same performance, there is a big latency between switching. I have to activate all of the profiles from the remote to remove the latency and after that the latency disappears. Is this something normal? I will have to remember before a gig to activate all of the profiles not to have any issues.

Thank you

hello. Quick update:

Went to the rehearsal room with fresh ears. Found out that indeed i had maybe too much high end and low end. So, i did changed the low cut from 90hz to 115 hz . Also i lowered the presence . Now, i did found out that a -2 db cut at 4700 hz and a Q at 2.60, tamed even more the high end ear screaching frequencies. I don't know if it's a safe and corect method but it appears it works for the rehearsal room PA. Also all these changes made my monitor out eq for my IEM back to flat, from a pretty drastic eq before as in lowered bass, lowered presence and highs.

Once you go IEM, you never go back! Same story here. Blasting those PA speakers right next to your head for long periods of time, not the best way to do it :) but after i changed for IEM, instantly was a relief on my hearing and also i started to sing better vocally (as i am also the vocalist)

one other thing that i have thought about it is that i run the monitor out directly to my iem and i tweaked the monitor eq. Presence went drastically down, and also the low end.maybe this is a sign that my profiles are too bright and also boomy? I know that they are 2 extremely massive things, the iem and foh but anyway

Thank you all once again for the feedback!

I will experiment as in the past concerts where i was in a club, the mids sounded very scooped, but on the open space gig it sound right in your face. So maybe i should be prepared for worst case scenario and have a lot more mids than i would use and on good PA's i should let the engineer scoop out as much as he needs. I have seen bands, well, all the bands that don't have any personal sound engineers that don't care about the foh. I was the only one :)) and maybe i should back up and focus on the playing

From my perspective I've had so few issues with out front sound, plus we only play pubs and clubs of cover material so no gig is ever going to make or break our career but I can see how its more important for others..

The audience will come after the show to you and say: i couldn't hear the guitar...the vocals or it was too rough. The audience is hearing what the foh sound is, bad or good. They will not necesarely know who is doing something wrong. They are seeing the big picture.

We are a guitar oriented band and we like to hear that definition of notes..that smooth punchy tone so that is why i tend to overreact about the foh tone

it is really anoying because you invest a lot of money on instruments, profiles, you invest time and effort, and yet the sound does not make the cut. Maybe i should step back and let the sound guys do the math. Still, at one gig the sound engineer managed to fuck up so bad, my guitar was lost all the way down in the mix, also the backing vocals...these are the guys that should be fired from the job

Resurecting the thread. Had another gig in a club and had the same problem...kinda. At soundcheck the sound from the PA was like comming from the back room of the stage. Just like you would have a cabinet in the other room behind the opened door. The tone was lifeless, bassy and trebly, so as the other guitarists tone. Got my high cut at 6500 and low at 90 but from the desk it was added another 6500 and another 110. At an outdoor gig the sound guy told me that he boosted a little 800 and that was it..it was good as he told me. I don't get it how different from venue to venue can this be...you loose all the control of your tone. How should eq my tone in order to have at least 50% of it everywhere?

Thank you very much for the reply to everyone.

I have made some changes on the kemper following your instructions

- set the S/PDIF output to -5 db - now my meters are showing me that i am at around -6 on the wet channel which is good but the DI kinda peaked at 0.5 db

- set the clean sense to -5 db - now my DI track is peaking at around -4 - -5 on the meters but still clipping into orange the kemper some times.

- set the reamp sense at +1.8 db and i kinda got in the ball park

Tried comparing a clean profile to a high gain profile and it's really hard to tell if they are almost the same perceived loudness.

The S/PDIF signal can only be adjusted in the sending device by definition.

Play your guitar through the armed track or play back a previously recorded track. Watch the INPUT LED while you adjust the output volume on the recording device. The LED should turn to yellow when the strings are struck hard,

you mean that i should set the daw fader in order to avoid clipping kemper?

Clear as day but one issue. Why the DI sent back is clipping the input of the Kemper? And induces artificial high end distortion? I will try after work to record something in order to see what i am talking about. For me it is audible that something is clipping all the time.

Indeed the DI recorded is peaking somewhere to about 0 db and maybe a little above but the red light on the channel strip is telling me that it's ok

Thank you for the response. So at what level should the DI peak? Should it peak to the same level as the wet track? Talking about the meters. Shouldn't the S/PDIF provide the same output level on the wet track as well DI? Getting confused...

I have been using recently IEM and it took some time to get used to (rehearsing all my life on PA systems). There is definetely a big difference. The thing that i instantly noticed was that my guitar tone although it sounded good on the PA, on my ear buds (Shure SE215) sounded really harsh on the top end, and way too much gain. We are using a XR18 for monitoring and in the beginning i was eq'ing on the mixer but later i noticed that if i would want a full control on the frequency range of my tone in my ears in different live situations where i don't bring the XR18, i tend to use the main outputs for the FOH and my monitor out for the IEM because i can dial my IEM without affecting the foh tones. And of course i cut the presence and treble and boost the mids