Posts by maxxstock

If you listen from the outside, it sounds good, if with a guitar in your hands - alas, no, it's a cottony sound.

I guess I'm too accustomed to the tubes, used to their dynamics, harmonics, drive ...

This sound is not bad, but I'm not thrilled.

This is just my opinion and thank you for the answer!

I also own an HX Stomp and it is clearly a keeper. For a different purpose, though: It has been sitting for half a year or so on one of my boards together with a stage, EXPs and some wireless stuff. Line6's drives are much superior to those of the stage, imho. Also there are some FX in the HX Stomp that are gorgeous, unique but also more than useful for recreating famous sounds. Example: In the past I searched for gear that could recreate the sound of "Mysterious Ways". Short version: Kemper can't do it. The HX Stomp has a model of the famous Korg A3 that was used in this song. Line6 amp modelling is "ok"-ish but the FX are superb! Now it becomes clear (better drives are only one aspect and it isn't only amp sound recreation that is the only aspect in an all in one multi fx unit like the Kemper) why a KemperII has been making sense for some years and a small profile player even much more.

These are my thoughts too, thanks!

More likely would be a a 1u rack with all the same connections and functions. Now there is an editor, the large screen and knobs are not essential. I don't see the advantage of changing the format financially, when it might only appeal to a few.

I didn't get why you would want a Mini Kemper while carrying around other units too?

I just love my FX8 and I'm used to it.

But I want to reduce weight due to tube amplifiers ...

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum, in short I want to tell you my story ...

For the last 15 years I have been playing exclusively with tube amplifiers, and any attempts to switch to digital devices have been unsuccessful.

However, as time goes on, we are not getting younger, I thought about how to reduce the weight of my rig, and my eyes turned back to digital equipment ...

I tried Fractal AX8. I really liked the FX block and features, but the amplifiers sounded not convincing and lifeless. My experience with Line 6 Helix was the same.

I am fully convinced that KEMPER is the best digital copy of the sound of tube amplifiers existing in the world today. However, the FX unit is not so good compared to Fractal Audio.

With my tube amps as an FX unit, I use my Fractal FX8 II. This is a great, reliable and very functional device.

The appearance of Kemper STAGE really inspired me, but I really like my FX8 II, and I would like to get a device that could work together with my FRACTAL.

Can I discuss my fantasies about the new device from KEMPER?

I called it KEMPER MINI BOX.

This device should not have FX effects inside (except for the gate, equalizer, etc.). It should load, edit and play amplifier profiles (cannot create profiles like his older brothers, but only play them).

It should have a stereo loop of effects on board and headphone output.

It should work both with the REMOTE controller, any standard MIDI controller, and with my Fractal FX8 (4CM).

He should also be able to load and edit the impulses of my own cabinets. At the same time, its dimensions should not significantly exceed the dimensions of, say, Two Notes TORPEDO CAB (5 ″ x 7 ″) or MOOER Preamp Live (5.1 ″ x 9.1 ″), and the price should not exceed 500-600 euros.

Do you think this is possible in principle?

Hi guys!

For the last 15 years I have been playing exclusively with tube amplifiers, and any attempts to switch to digital devices have been unsuccessful.

However, as time goes on, we are not getting younger, I thought about how to reduce the weight of my rig, and my eyes turned back to digital equipment ...

I tried Fractal AX8. I really liked the FX block and features, but the amplifiers sounded not convincing and lifeless. My experience with Line 6 Helix was the same.

I am fully convinced that KEMPER is the best digital copy of the sound of tube amplifiers existing in the world today. However, the FX unit is not so good compared to Fractal Audio.

With my tube amps as an FX unit, I use my Fractal FX8 II. This is a great, reliable and very functional device.

The appearance of Kemper STAGE really inspired me, but I really like my FX8 II, and I would like to get a device that could work together with my FRACTAL.

This device should not have FX effects inside (except for the gate, equalizer, etc.). It should load, edit and play amplifier profiles (cannot create profiles like his older brothers, but only play them).

It should work both with the REMOTE controller, any standard MIDI controller, and with my Fractal FX8 (4CM).

He should also be able to load and edit the impulses of my own cabinets. At the same time, its dimensions should not significantly exceed the dimensions of, say, Two Notes TORPEDO CAB (5 ″ x 7 ″) or MOOER Preamp Live (5.1 ″ x 9.1 ″), and the price should not exceed 500-600 euros.

Hi guys!