Posts by Matthew707

Hi folks!

Little update:

I'm getting used to the main functions of our beloved Kemper and i found that the root cause of my problem was the pickup height on my LP (as suggested by DonPetersen, thank you Don!). Probably the KP has a more sensitive input than the other gear that I usually use and this was causing me the excessive saturation of the sound.
    Definition and Clarity parameters on the amp section helped me too to get a sound closer to a "real" one.

Perfection is still far away but I'm working on it. Thank you guys for the support!

I will try it as soon as possible, thank you very much Jeff!

Hello guys,
    I'm a new member of the Kemper family. I just bought a PowerHead and I want to discuss with you about this:

Those are the high gain presets that I added to my favourites (so we can talk about something concrete):
    -5150 Blockletter Mesa by Deadlight Studio

-GB Oranje RV 50 808

-Plexi SL Max 3 by ToneJunkie

When I plug in my Fender Telecaster Journeyman '63 with single-coil pickups (E standard tuning. Yep, not the most reliable guitar for high gain things and the guitar i'm not using live for it) it turns into a machine gun with an incredible sound, full of harmonics and nuances. Really something that I can use to play every kind of heavy metal. My first reaction when I started playing with this guitar and those presets was something like -> 8|8|8|

When I plug in my Gibson Les Paul (with passive humbuckers and Drop C# tuning. The guitar that I'm going to play live) instead the tone becomes too muddy, too much saturation, low notes becomes weak. It feels that the output of the guitar is too high (btw the input led never turns to red, just yellow sometimes).

I tried to turn down the input distorted level by 5-6 dB and it goes better but this way I feel like i'm loosing something in the sound.

Like when you turn down the volume knob on the guitar too much.

Are there other settings that can help me to deal with this?

And so I started questioning myself: What if I plug a modern guitar with active pickups? Would my Kemper sound like a crappy free vst plugin found online? ?(

Have you got the same kind of "issue"? How do you guys deal with guitars with high output and high gain rigs?

I'd like to start a proactive conversation about this, share your opinions! I apologize for any language errors but my english is not very good, I tried to do my best :)

Download links of your favourites rigs are really welcome!