Posts by PatriotsBiker

I've been using Pro Tools since late 2011 because a license came with the Eleven Rack I had just purchased. I was using Reaper and never looked back, and that was even with Pro Tools being as bad as it was back then. It's a high-maintanance system. Reaper, which I had before, ran without issues. PT would not. To this day, I have a dedicated computer just to run PT on. I do love the workflow, but I would never reccomend the platform to anyone. Too much to manage for a hobby. Fall in love with something else. Anything else.

Has reaper's workflow improved a lot over 9 years?

Drum VIs are almost all Superior drummer 3 by ToonTracks. There are some quirks about SD3 that I do not like. Exporting individual tracks will not include the effects nor the results of the effects. Mostly I just import the mic feeds and recreate what I want within Pro Tools. Either way, great care has to be taken to ensure that you run in phase as much as possible. Also, the files are very high amplitude and volume. They need to be reined in. As the rest of the world is tracking somewhere between -22 to -18dbfs (average RMS) and around -10dbfs peak. some of these tracks can push -8dbfs (RMS) -3dbfs peak. Very hot and almost too much of that digital purity thing. Not the easiest to mix in well if trying to do a full on Rock production. The bugs seem to be all sussed out, though, and knowing what to manage makes life much easier. I might try Addictive drums. A couple of the kits have a cymbal sound I like.

Good stuff! Thanks for posting. I've never seen modern-day footage of it all set up.

If there are any Rolling Stones fanboys here (eg - me), one could do worse than to cave in and buy into the Universal Audio platform. Within it, for more $$ of course, is a very nice sounding plugin that emulates the Helios mentioned in the video. Using Waves version is much, much cheaper and does OK as well. (the Kramer collection, IIRC)

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and to Kemper. My story is like many others, I suppose. After many attempts at alternatives, I finally caved and here I am, trying to beat myself up for not caving sooner.

Anyhow, I'll be popping in and out from time to time. Especially discussion on home studio recording. That's what I've been into for nearly 10 year now, This past year has seen a great deal of improvement with this Kemper unit nearing the end of the list. I'm glad I did it and look forward to trading tip and tricjs and whatnot.