Posts by NJB2510

Is using an EMG SA in the middle too obvious of a suggestion?

That's not the question. It's getting the configuration right when there are no standard HSH sets, and all the HH sets only come with a 2-pickup bus. There's probably a decent accessory set I'm missing.

So I’m struggling - trying to figure out the best way to get an EMG set (probably 57/66TW) and adding in a single coil for my middle pickup. Both sets come with a 2 pickup bus, and obviously 57/66 with a push pull - anyone had any experience of this with a 5 way switch too?

Has anyone else had more issues with Floyd Roses than with Ibanez edge systems?

It comes as something when the most stable trem system I have is an Ibanez Edge 3.

Anyone got any tips or things they use to help with tuning stability having used the bar at all?

After a bit of random googling I've come across various manuals for the Kemper showing a lot more variation in available rigs such as handwired JCM800s, more signature amps such as the Blackstar Blackfire 200 Gus G model etc. Anyone know where these rigs went to?

Morning all, (UK time).

Has anyone ever tried recording bass using a guitar plus digitech whammy using the drop tuning settings through a bass profile?

Wondered if it sounded anywhere near decent or at least doable with post-processing?

Ta

From his recent Twitch streams, he's profiled his old Rocktron Prophesy tones, and original JMP-1 tones. Unfortunately there's nothing from looking at his rig manager that gives anything away, other than knowing the Prophesy tone is from the Mega Drive channel.

I'd also want a decent modern DF tone for anyone who might have one going!

The thing i keep seeing here is that the Kabinet is to be connected to the monitor output, but as a cab shouldn't this primarily be the speaker output (i.e. like a normal cab)? Surely the Kone IRs can be used on speaker output mode too for all profile types.

Lots of conflicting information and nothing concrete to say it can be used in that way when also recording through S/PDIF etc. also.

Hi there - no, the Kemper does one rig at a time, but...

If you record your raw guitar to another track you can reamp that back through the Kemper to achieve the same thing. In fact you can take several copies and use a different rig for each.

Fender in the left, Marshall in the right and Vox in the middle, no problem. ?

Fab thanks!

In the interests of consistency and time, I was wondering if there is a way to record say two tracks simultaneously with different rigs into ProTools at the same time.

For Example as a double rhythm track mimicking two guitarists, pro/live sound etc?

Thanks, Nathaniel :thumbup:

Thanks for the response. In terms of recording through interface etc. I'm assuming I can still get the sound from the cab whilst I'm recording. (Very much a noob)!

I would consider getting an external audio interface for recording. There not all that expensive these days. As far as hooking everything up, the S/PDIF is only one option. There are many other output choices on the Kemper. Be aware that there is a measurable amount of latency using S/PDIF, possibility of stutters and pops, glitches, and no difference in sound quality. There's never any pops or glitches with the other outputs, lower latency (pretty much none), and sound quality is the same. (I never use S/PDIF after trying it, latency messes up with my playing a little)

Still, get an audio interface with sufficient inputs and try for yourself what works best.

Thanks for your response. In terms of the other outputs then, which would you prefer or consider first?

Just about to get my power head and had a question on linking to pc/recording, I’ve seen a few questions not answered exactly how I was anticipating.

Essentially I want to record directly to my pc from the kemper output, S/PDIF seems to be the preferred method, but is it just a case of getting a soundcard (internal or external) and linking from the kemper to that, to the pc?

Cheers

Nathaniel