Posts by jfmguitarist

that's excellent news indeed! And I'm guessing you don't live in the US, or at least not in my city, because I think here, my local police anyway, wouldn't go to that level of tracing an IP and tracking someone down over a piece stolen guitar gear, sadly.

Congrats!!

The function mute on / off works perfect but the tuner is not tuning at all, i dont see anything happening so it is not tuning.

Thanks for your reply

Are you referring to the "mute on/off" that is engaged automatically when you enter/exit the Tuner? Or another muting method? If you mean the former, then... and please excuse the 'basic-ness' of this suggestion, but it's important to cover everything, starting with the simplest, when troubleshooting... make sure your guitar volume knob is up, and that you are hearing your guitar when not in Tuner mode.

If the latter, then it's again a bit obvious but necessary to check... make sure that you are not muted via that other method prior to entering the Tuner. You shouldn't be muting your signal at all besides the Tuner auto-mute (except, of course , you can have an expression pedal set to control Volume, and enter the Tuner automatically when the Volume pedal is in the heel/off position).

Sorry if these suggestions seem basic, but given the information you provided, I felt it important to ask these questions and to do these very basic troubleshooting steps first, before looking deeper.

Let us know how it goes, all the best

Hi Jens... long time no see. Since the Ghost Reveries sessions, in fact, when I was underfoot for a few days, recording the Opeth guys in the B room for another project. Thanks again, all these years later, for your hospitality back then.... it's been great watching as your career has grown from strength to strength!

These IR's sound like good fun, I'll be checking them out ASAP.... all the best from sunny (and humid) Florida!

James M.

Hi there folks, most everything about me is in my Sig.... been using Kempers for a long time in the studio on my productions, but usually provided by the artists I'm working with, or borrowed from a colleague. Finally got my own and took the deep dive and, like everything I commit to, I'm learning it backwards and forwards, plumbing the depths of it's capabilities for both studio and live applications, as time permits. So, my journey to total KPA enlightenment is afoot, but I may ask some newbie questions in the forum in the meantime 8)

Way back in my pre-modeler days ^^ Studio D, Sausalito CA

hey, it would be great to have at least one more option, if not more, for the System > Pedal > Mono Switch > Switch Tip > Stomp Inverter... currently Stomp Inverter is limited to inverting the on/off status of literally everything in both the Stomps and Effects modules. Would be nice to have another option like "Stomp A/B Invert", which would only invert the on/off status of Stomps A & B, for example. That change would allow me to set the Toe Switch on my Mission Engineering EP-1 KP to invert and individually control say, a Pitch and Wah on A & B respectively, without needing to switch rigs. It would open up many other possibilities as well.

thanks

.....tivity. Yes, tried them, but they don't seem to do the job. And why is there one for Clean and one for Distortion? Strange. Massive change to these Sensitivity settings results in not much change in how hot the input signal is from the guitar until near the end of the range... at which point the sound is adversely effected.

So I'll take it there's no simple input trim or pad.

What's the best way to deal with input clipping? It's just my EMG-loaded guitars (wired for normal 9V operation, no 18v mods), straight in to the front of my powered head (toaster)... I don't see an input trim or pad in the Input section menus.

And I'm not just seeing the indicator go momentarily red, I'm hearing the clips as "crunchies", a fuzzy break-up. Mostly from notes struck on the lower strings, so I just need to trim or pad the input a bit I'd think. Anyone else experiencing this? It's not limited to a particular patch.

Thanks in advance for any advice... Cheers

thanks Wheresthedug ... I had figured it out, but had the toe-switch set to Stomp Invert.... I wish there were more options, like only Inverting A & B or something, but I realized it's not a big deal to just make another slot in the performance to do what I want. Thanks for the confirmation that I made the right moves.

Cheers :)

I have pretty much the same question... but beyond that, I can't even get my EP-1 KP to control the wah at all.... and I'd really like to be able to use the toe switch to bounce between controlling wah and pitch. You got any tips for that?