Posts by MrHighway

So I've installed a 470k resistor to the single coils, and a 0.47uf tone cap, the bridge humbucker has a 0.22 one so maybe that was making it bright.

It sounds a lot less trebly and bright now I think, I used two different amp profiles. One with the Vox AC15, and one switching back to the stock TJ Fan Twins Med one which I kinda like as its more bassey.

AC15 profile:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TJ Fan Twins Med profile:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tone knob rolled off to about 7. Gain is zero and a little bit of compression is added. Not much.

I've just noticed something else, because of my 500k volume pot (Its a HSS strat so I need that 500k for the bridge humbucker) its making my single coils very bright, hence why it sounds like that in the first few clips.

I'm going to try putting in a resistor so the single coils see 250k, which should help get some warmth back into the neck pickup. Bridge will stay at 500k. Relatively cheap and easy little trick which will probably help.

I've stuck with the Vox AC15 one, as I think its more accurate. Still got the Deluxe 64 profile on the Profiler though in case I wanna go back to it.

I'm using the compressor setting in the amp menu and not the pedal one. Think the profile actually has one before the amp anyway.

As for the tuning I probably forgot to tune it before recording the clip or I'm fretting too hard, the clip is in D standard, so I had to tune down a tone. And I'm using 10's so they can get a bit loose when you hit hard.

Thanks man, I still feel I'm lacking that chimey "chkk" sound but this might as close as I'm going to get it lol. I will add as well I'm playing with studio monitors (The Yamaha HS8's) so its a got a very flat EQ response so I ain't getting the same as I would out of a guitar cab I think.

Sound cloud was down when I first tried uploading but its back now.

Have I taken out too many highs?

I admire your defensive to trying to get the exact tone but for the purpose you have in kind (playing at someone’s wedding) I can assure you that any of the tones you have so far are more than good enough. People are interested in the playing and emotion of the performance not the nuances of the amp tone. Nail the performance and you will be a star. Get the exact tone and screw up the performance and you will be a guy that got up and played that Ed Sheeran song.

Yes I appreciate that but it bothers me if its not sounding right haha. Also its planning to be just my electric guitar and voice so the sound will stand out and I won't perform as good lol.

I'll try not to get any more profiles, and like you say less gain and brightness. I think I can EQ those out on the Profiler by using the 8 bands from 80-10000 hz. So less presence/treble and raising those low mids.

I think I do like to Vox AC15 one though so I'll keep that and try to keep the gain low and bring up the volume.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah a few people have said its a bit too bright, which I think stems from my single coils, they're the Oil City Stone Tones for neck and middle which are a bit more output. I did get my middle tone knob wired to roll off some brightness though so I guess I'll have to turn it down a bit.

Also I'll have to take down the definition a bit in the amp settings I guess? I can assure you my hand is near the neck and middle position. I got the Tone Junkie Vox AC15 pack earlier and recorded a couple of clips but I think the sound is the same - too bright and too much gain. I think the profile I was using has a bright switch setting on it which I can't take off. Maybe I'll go for a cleaner amp. Or lower the gain.

I can't sing very well anyway so it won't help haha. Might be playing this at a wedding next year that's why I want to get the sound good.

Seen Tone Junkie do a Vox AC15 pack, the strat sound at around 6.25 sounds very nice so I wonder if I could work with that profile to get the sound:

External Content www.youtube.com

Yeah, fair points. Just not convinced its a Vox AC15 amp, I mean the Black Face ones sound similar but cos we can't see the amp I can't really tell what it is.

And I turned up the gain on the low profile of the TJ Deluxe 64 Reverb, added a pure boost.

Also loaded up the medium gain profile of the TJ 64 Deluxe Reverb:

I've just seen I have a TAF Voice Ace 15 Clean I just recorded a quick clip of my attempt: