Posts by Phrankenstrat

You are correct. Two guitarists really changes the dynamics of things. Add to that a stage and an audience as opposed to bedroom and alone and you have quite a shock. Playing live and recording are two entirely different animals. That said, it sounds like you're learning and that's the great thing. Never stop learning. And even more importantly, don't be afraid to "unlearn" some things along the way. After 40 years of playing, unlearning some things has become paramount to progression.

I am mostly a live player so I've been dealing with bedroom sound vs live band sound for years. I've learned to compensate. Rarely does anything that sounds awesome to me when I'm jamming at home, sound remotely good for a live show. That took some time to get used to. When I listen to my live presets at home it's everything I can do to NOT tweak them. I think it's just human nature. You always want to sound great. But yes, making those EQ tweaks for your live performance can set you apart from your inexperienced brethren.

I hope you find your way to sonic bliss. My Kemper Stage is one of the best things to ever happen to me tone-wise.

Just came across this thread. Things have opened up in the US and we're starting regional mini tours again. My Kemper Stage has been solid with zero issues in probably 150 gigs. I have a fly rig but that unit is so limited, I can't get through our recent album just using that. I do need some extra effects and such. I don't need it to replace the Kemper at all but need something portable with decent options. Watched some vids and the NUX MG-30 is intriguing for the cost, footprint, abilities and sound (YouTube anyway). Anyone have any experience at all with these units. Much less than similar Line 6 offerings.