Posts by usfLazywall

Hi all

I am pretty new to the Kemper and still looking for my "perfect profiles" for live shows (when we will be able to do them again)

I found this amazing profile from M. Britt

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Welcome Sir8)

I recommend you profile your current rigs until you can't tell them apart from the profiles.

Then search for sounds you never had access to.

Actually that is an excellent advice !! and a good staring point. I have already found an excellent amp (Mars 68) that works great for the Oud ... but still looking for other solutions.

Hi Y.,

welcome to the family.

You´re right there's a huge amount of profiles out there. You can start here in the Rig Exchange.

Maybe the rating of the users in the profiles will help you?

It is exactly how I filtered them. It is easier to do it from the Rig Manager than the website !

You can look as well for the author "Downfall Studio" and the Liquid-Profiles... very nice Neve, UAD, Avalon preamps. Those give great thickness to the sound, just a little (nice) color and the ability to add some Kemper effects. Used these even for some vocal recordings (and re-amping) as well.

Great !! i'll check them right now! just purchased some Choptones JPC2 tones (essential pack) to see whether they are worth it to test on the guitar part of my instrument. I'll try switching between those and the Oud.. I am trying to replicate what I have with my "real rig" between my Mark V and a Princeton 65 that I use clean for the Oud through a fishman Aura preamp

Welcome, Y. 8)

Indeed, I've never seen that combination. For the oud it might be worth looking for mic-preamp Profiles; there are a few floating around on the Rig Exchange IIRC.

Thanks a lot for the tip !! I have just filtered on "acoustic" and already found some nice stuff with profiles made on Fishman preamps.

Hello all

I just got my Kemper stage last week, and I am in the process of discovering the sounds and how to use it. I am really happy to be now part of this family !

I play a special instrument called the GuitarOud (don't try to look it up, it is a unique instrument made together with a luthier in France, I have made some videos on my YT channel) ) with 2 necks (one guitar and one Oud (that is a luth) and I switch between the two instruments) and its gets really complicated to travel with my two amps, and my pedalboard all the time. I Hope the kemper will be my "perfect portable solution" for that.

I am checking out the sounds over here, looking for a Mesa boogie like sound for the guitar and a really nice acoustic solution for the Oud ... hope i can find it easily, but there are really A LOT of profiles out there !!

Y.