Posts by Rede83

Hello,

I have to buy a power amp to run my kemper stage through a 2x12 vintage 30 cabinet (mono/stereo input switchable). In the future I would change v30 with kone, I am attrached to tc bam200 but I may have problems with impedence. Which power amp do you suggest for my set up? (I play long time with my vht pittbull 50 eq, so I like the punch sound)

It's nice to be able to choose FR or guitar speaker depending on your mood, and the Kone gives you that option.

Could we cosider quality sound in FR mode like dxr10 or CLR? I think that I will go ahead to buyng a power amp like GBA 280 and than made a craft cabinet with kone. It is not the cheapest opinion (400€ power amp +200€ kone +spare materials) but a good all around solution

Tilman from Ritter has just released a new power amp to fit a pedalboard. I can tell you first hand that it'll be excellent.

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe a power amp + 1x12 kemper kone or 2x12 is the best solution in May 2020...Many people seems satisfied using dxr10 but it sound like an obsolete solution right now...

The enclosure will always colour the sound to a degree. Internal dimensions, cabinet materials, damping and size always play a part in the final sound out of the box. Eddie Van Halen will even tell you that the grille material will make a difference!

There are powered solutions where you could swap the speaker out, but I think that is a bit tricky, as most are two-way and you’d have crossovers and impedance mismatches to contend with. I’d go with external. I can recommend the TC Electronic Bam200 as an entry level, cheap solution that works great. Doubles as a half-decent bass amp, too.

I have a new power stage too. I am looking for a Yamaha dxr10 second hand the other option is build 1x12 cab with kemper kone and buy a stomp amp like tc electronic or seymour duncan powerstage 170...Which is the best option ?

Hello, I just bought a kemper stage, what do you mean with "koneoption on"? I'd like to buy a DXR10. I also evaluate a kemper kabinet but it is not powered