Posts by dacop1313

Cel G12T-75. Not a dark dull speaker.

I have the Kemp 600w powerhead and use a real Marshall 2x12 cabinet. CAB is off on the Kemp. Should I be using DI Profiles with this type of setup? I do find most of the factory rigs sort of flat and takes me some time to tweak with an added EQ block. Just wondering if I should be using DI profiles instead.

I see ChopTones has many DI Profiles packs. Before I pulled to trigger on one I was just wondering if this is something I should consider.

For me every amp ive played with has reacted with different pickups, I dont feel the Kemper is any different.

The beauty of the KPA though is you can flatten the changes somewhat all the parameters available to you.

Are you using the imprints with a Kabinet or Kone? I find the speakers imprints need tweaking more than the FR mode as these are quite sensitive to different pickups.

I use the power head with a real 2x12 cabinet. I shut off the CAB button on all Rigs.

For what you are describing above, and have to choose one, the Britt profiles would probably work best. I have not purchased any myself but there are about 50 MBritt profiles available in Rig Manager's Factory presets.

Also, once you start searching around in Rig Exchange, you will find many great free profiles. I have had my power head for a week now and thought I would have to buy "great ones", but have come across so many that I liked in manager for free. 800, 900, Plexi, Mesa, all great for rock/hard rock. I also found some great higher gain ENGL, Mesa, Orange profiles.

Do you guys find the Kemper profile tones react much different from pickup to pickup? I know all amps do obviously but I find the Kemper much more sensitive. I will dial in a tone with a Dimarzio SD and then play that same tone with a stock G&L HB or an EMG and there is a huge difference then I ever got from a tube amp. Not saying its a bad thing but noticeable.

I am looking for the best Marshall 800/900/SilverJ profiles available, any suggestions? I play with a humbucker only, into a real cab with G75T and V30s.

I see Britt has the 800 pack but I hear they are best for P90s.

lol...my fault...when I did the reset of both system and rigs, it changed the Monitor Cab Off setting back to Un-Checked.

I just got a used Kemper power head in mint condition and have been messing with it for a couple days now. I send it to a real Marshall Cab with G75T speakers (far from a dark speaker). It was used so I decided to reset all System and Presets. Does anyone think the Kemper sounds dark? Do any of you guys have to add extreme high EQ to every preset to add brightness especially for high gain profiles? I have always preferred a brighter tone from tube amps and a Helix and it was never much of a struggle to get there. However I am finding the Kemper very dark. When I went back to the Helix I was even more surprised on how dark the tone was on the Kemper. Anyone else feel this way? Or do something to brighten it up? Thanks

This issue is, there is no "factory reset" option in System Settings. There should be, but its just not there.

Here is the info I received from Kemper support:

1. First, consider creating a backup as this process will delete all user data and reset all global settings.

2. Upgrade to the current PROFILER operating system release software. If your Profiler is currently running a version older than 7.3.2 you need to update to that version first. You can find it here

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…8/Older-Software-Versions

3. Switch the PROFILER Head or Rack model off and press and hold soft button 1 (left above the display) while powering it on into tuner mode. If you are a STAGE user press the soft button 1 and the SYSTEM button and power the unit on.

4. Keep holding the soft button until "System Maintenance " appears on the display.

5. In maintenance mode press "Recovery", "Init&Factory Content", "Yes", "Ok".

6. Then press the Reboot soft button and reboot or simply restart the PROFILER with the chicken-head knob.

I just picked up a used Kemp in excellent condition. It has over 550 profiles on it and to be honest its a bit overwhelming. I started saving some that I liked to a local library in RigManager but I am done going through all of them as many sound the same. If I do a complete factory restore, will this empty "My Profiler" and leave me with only what was there when originally purchased? Or will nothing be loaded, an empty Profiler, and I can just move the Rig Packs from Manager or the Kemper site back into the My Profiler?

Also...what about those Effects Presets which I like very much. Will they be whipped out too with a Factory Restore? If so where can I get them back? Same way?...from the Rig Manager Program?

Thanks in advanced.

Cool...cant do that with a Helix, its all or nothing. I was just wondering if he was telling the truth. lol

Question...how many factory presets/profiles are usually shipped with new Kempers?

Hello, I just purchased a mint condition Kemper 600 head. The former owner told me all the factory profiles are still on the amp (none added) and that he was able to reset all the Global Settings back to factory. Is that possible? You can reset the Kemper Global settings without a full factory reset?

Same scenario here. I'm looking to purchase a used power head and would like all he global settings and rigs back to factory default. As well as any foot controller settings. I see all the available rig packs on the Kemp site, so I am not concerned about loading rigs back in. How do I wack out any global/system setting and foot controller assignments the previous user may have changed? Thanks!