Posts by Christianmolnar

Cool. Thank you. I've been reading through the manual like crazy. Many things I find, others I don't. Really appreciate it. Since I got you guys, one more question. I've read all about the different types of profiles, Direct vs. Studio vs. Merged. My setup is a 2x12 Kone cab. It seems that when I get profile packs, I shouldn't need to use all types of profiles? These packs come with all 3. I don't really record, and I want to get the most out of the Kones and imprints. I've watched all kinds of youtube videos, but they all talk more about playing live vs. recording, etc... Nobody talks about using the power head with Kones and what type of profile is best. Could I get a little help? If there's a type of profile that is the best to use and will sound best when going through the 2x12 Kone cab, I'll save the others in my backup and only load that type of profiles for my daily use.

Oh thank you. Sorry for the noob questions. The Rig Manager is definitely the answer. I now trust that the Kones are set up right, but I've looked through tutorials and can't find a way to see the Kone that is assigned to the Rig. If I push the Output button, that shows me the global imprint. I'm learning a lot though. Thank you again!

Sorry if this has been asked, but I search and find nothing. Can I save a Kone imprint with each Rig? When I say "Store" and it asks me if I want to save the Output Section or the Rig, I say either, and it still seems that the Kone Imprint is set globally and stays that way. It would be great to load up some heavier rig and set it to the right imprint, and then a blues rig with its own imprint, instead of having to set the imprint every time.

Once you upgrade to 7.3.2 which is the latest official release, you can find it in the out menu on page 7.....That whole page is dedicated to the Kone settings.... also if you are using imprints, you can select specific imprints per rig in the cabinet menu. Here's a link to a really good tutorial regarding the Kemper Kabinet/Kone that they put on youtube last week or so....this should explain everything you need to know....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you! That helped! I got it!

Nice job Christianmolnar!!!!:thumbup: I just finished my 2x12 Kone cab as well. I had a Peavy 2x12 slant verticle that I installed the Kones in. I refreshed it with new hardware and a new speaker grill cloth....I went for the Mesa look....Debating on whether or not to put the stencil on it. The top speaker in this cab has a removable back, so i wired it with one input just the top Kone and the other input both Kones in series... for some flexibility, although i'll probably just use it mostly with the 2 Kones in series both closed. BTW....this this sounds awesome!!!! It sounds great in FRFR mode and in the speaker imprint mode. I do find that i like it better with the bass boost on, but the imprints do give it a bit more of a natual AITR feel and theres some imprints on there that i was pleasantly surprised with (Goodmans and the Oxford), which i would probably have never been exposed to otherwise.

Next i'm gonna compare a similar Mesa 2x12 with V30's, with the Kones on V30 imprint, just to see how close they sound. Just for fun...:). Ultimately love the sound and so many options....almost too many, can't imagine anyone not being able to find a tone they love with a Kemper and a Kabinet or Kone equipt cab!!!

Here's some pics, might have a second go at the grill as i'd like to get it a bit tighter and more finished looking.

Oh that looks awesome! I got the Kemper today. The one thing I cannot do is actually select Kemper Kone. The menu that shows on all the youtube videos, turning Monitor Cab OFF, etc... does not show on mine. And I just upgraded the firmware. I am going to do a search on the forum and may post it as a thread if I don't find anything.

Hello friends. Just sharing some pics of my project. I receive the power head tomorrow. Bought it used so hoping for some good profiles on it too. I grabbed a used Carvin 2x12 vertical cab I bought locally and outfitted it with 2 Kones. I also tried my best to make it look like a Kabinet, with the hunter green, copper corners, leather handle, and the stenciled logon, which is not great because the grill pattern has some pretty large circles, but oh well.

So here go some pictures...

Thank you! I am learning a lot. First thing I'm going to do is try it with what I have at home. I may find that one of my cabs works great. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with all of the aspects, not actually having received the Kemper. It will become a lot clearer as I start trying things. As someone mentioned, finding an old but awesome pine cab or building one and putting a Kone in it may be the easiest and best sounding way to go.

Thank you, thank you for the honest answers!!! Crookster, I get you. We have 3 kids and, though I can't put myself in your place, the kids have certainly affected my selfish hobbies over the years. :) They teach us humility and to be a little less selfish.

You guys mentioned the one thing I was wondering about: STEREO. I was wondering, since naturally, unless you get 2 Kabinets, you are going to be running mono. My questions:

1. Folks seem to be saying: well, if you want the full effect, and you have the room, and the money, buy 2 Kabinets. Otherwise, mono is good enough? I certainly don't have the room to buy 2 Kabinets. My wife will finally kill me if I do.
    2. One thing I could do is grab one of my single speaker cabs and outfit it with a Kone. Obviously this may have its nuances since the cabs will be different, but it may work well? I assume the Kone will work well as a speaker for any other amp as long as the impedance of the amp matches, since it's a Celestion speaker with some special sauce?

OK, so I have read ad nauseum all the posts and threads on power amps and FRFR speakers, people's opinions are as plenty as there are people.

I've spent many years building my modest collection of amps and guitars and pedals. I'll probably never sell any of my amps if I get a Kemper. I have a 73 Fender Princeton Reverb, a 90's JCM900 and an Orange Dual Terror, plus a few choice pedals that give me all the variety I want.

There's always a 'but'. I love tech. I work for Microsoft. I buy tech because it's beautiful to me. I am blown away by what Christoph Kemper has created. In my mind he is a Bill Gates or a Steve Jobs, but a lot nicer of a guy. ?

All this to ask the question that has been asked a million times, a different way:

If I were to decide to purchase a Kemper, not to try and prove it can sound exactly like this or that amp, which it seems has already been done beyond doubt, but to enjoy the experience of having a Kemper and the knowledge that, for a few bucks and for the rest of my life, I can buy profiles for any amp I want....

Would the purest and most unadulterated experience be to purchase a Power Head and Kabinet together?

Is there anyone out there that has played them together and can tell me truly whether they are the ideal Kemper setup? What they like? If there is anything they don't?

My primary use is to play with my buddies in our occasional small gigs and to enjoy at home

Thanks a million in advance!

Christian

This thread seems more appropriate for my question:

So sorry it this has been answered but I have read through and don't find an answer. I'm considering buying a Kemper Power Head and Kabinet. The head puts out 600w and the Kabinet is rated at 200w. I'd never hook up a 600w amp to a 200w cabinet and crank it. Not that I need 600w. But any concerns on such high power rating difference?

So sorry it this has been answered but I have read through and don't find an answer. I'm considering buying a Kemper Power Head and Kabinet. The head puts out 600w and the Kabinet is rated at 200w. I'd never hook up a 600w amp to a 200w cabinet and crank it. Not that I need 600w. But any concerns on such high power rating difference?