Posts by FabrizioA

I was wondering why to disinfect it then I read this..

"The PROFILER offers a selection of some the finest effects in the world. As a company, KEMPER is also responsible for creating the ACCESS™ VIRUS™, one of the most successful synthesizersof all time - there can be little doubt that the ACCESS VIRUS owes some of its success to the highly regarded inbuilt effects. "

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

on my 7 string bass if I want to have guitar AND bass sound I used parallel path for slot A+B with Eq to cut high and boost Low frequencies. In this configuration I use gt amp profile such as Fender Princeton, Twin, Deluxe Reverb or some vintage amps.

You can modify a lot the sound with the AMP and CAB parameters.

Otherwise normally with 7 strings bass i use amp profiles such as Aguilar Tone Hammer or some MarkBass and SWR without cabs

it depends also what kind of "physical" amplifier you use to hear the profiler; I have Alto FRFR speakers.

In the end the profiler offers you so many possibilities that it depends what kind of sound you're looking for.

cheers

F

Alto ts312 FRFR au premier écoute ça sonne étrange très clean, très précise, très froide... mais en elle permets de travailler à fond avec les profils et c'est très très bien tu peut vraiment sentir du petit amplis de poche au géants... de plus elle est très puissante 2000w de pic (1300LF+700HF) et 1000w RMS (650Lf+350HF). 18.5 Kg..

maybe there was an issue in performance saved with 7.4 when loaded with 7.5 because (and I'm quite paranoid about bkup and doublecheck when saving) I also had problem with performances when I switched on 7.5. some slot were empty.

now everything seems ok.

I have a question also are the rig stored in the performance a copy of the ones I can use in browse mode ? because if you rename a rig in browser it doesn't change in performance

thanks

Fabrizio

I agree with you and I do not want to be unfair with Kemper I really appreciate their work; but I hope that someone in the audio industries will be smart enough to think that maybe it is possible to have both... look at Eventide H-XXXX harmonizer. they have hundreds of "plug and play" preset but you can modulate them in order to fit your desires (well prices... I know)

I just had to give back my new tc.electronic PlethoraX5 because they just wanted an easy to use machine... they do not even had a manual to explains parameters and structure of their fx... but this is also an economic matter of Beringher Music Tribe... Kemper is another planet obviously!

Maybe I'm too much into modular thinking (I worked a lot with PureData and Max/MSP) but I really invested my money in the Profiler because I believe it is a great gear... but I'm also a too young user and I'm looking for "shortcuts" to obtain my sound...well just keep on working and hopefully I will send some Rig to the community soon. Because a new gear take a little bit of time to understand the "philosophy" that is behind it and I think that the Profiler it is much more than a gt oriented gear..

sorry for my italo/french approach to english

have a nice day

F

Hello,

after many years working with pedals and other electronic stuff with my bass I discover the PROFILER which is an incredible machine. I worked a lot in the experimental electroacoustic music field and I actually didn't know that much about amplifier and cabinets and with the Profiler I felt like a mad elephant in a porcelain shop...=O

I find that even if it is a machine for guitar and bass player it has much more to show and maybe in the future it could change the way guitarist and bass player could make-up their set-ups in other way than (mainly) a single chain.

ciao

Fabrizio