Posts by npray42

Looking for advice on how to best use the kemper Stage in a live setting while playing bass. I intended to use the P.A. but since joining a punk band the venues suck and can't handle bass. I tried using my Gallen Kruger RB-400 using the line in feature and bypass the amp, but I did find the speakers and or the amp coloured the sound and didn't make it sound pleasant. I feel like buying a Kemper Cone set up would distort those speakers at the high bass volumes. I have had success at band practising using a 50watt powered monitor from Yorkville, but the speaker does distort (and fart) at those high end bass tones.

Okay I bought a profile stage, is there anything I need to download. I hooked it up to usb and updated it. I feel like it was supposed to come with more amps than it did. When I look at the rig list on kemper's website I have many of those but not all. Am I supposed to download more stuff to get it all set up.

Been watching a few videos and reading the instructions. Slowly getting a hang of it. I am looking for some good bass profiles too.

Any good tutortial videos for figuring out and mastering?

I still don't quite understand how to use this like I did my boss gt-10b. Setting up patches and being able to switch between several during a song and set.

This thing is great but super complicated at first.

Hey,

I started with trying to get the sound of Metallica out of my Peavey Rage 158 back in the day, ended up buying a Line 6 POD based on the recommendation of the local guitar store Long and McQuade. Yeah that didn't sound anything close, but got me into multieffects and modelling. That thing made a great paper weight I tell ya. Then I went back to the store and was like that isn't cutting it. They said I need tubes but back then there didn't seem to be an affordable tube option so they hooked me up with a valvestate. Had that for a year before I sold it and got a Randall RG-75. Great amp.

Turned 19, figuring out my life finances I realized I could afford 2-3 tube amps in my lifetime, started with a Peavey JSX. Great killer amp very versatile . Still need some effects though so I went with the Boss me-80, and then got more into bass playing and got a Boss gt-10B.

See this is where the bass obsession for the perfect bass tone, the sound of the bassist from Boucincing Souls came about. I had a fender TB-1200 and a Gallen-Kruger RG1000 or something. Great amps but didn't get that sound.

I finally turned 35 and my original plan was to buy another tube amp at this time. I had been waiting too for the technology to catch up to my dreams of having something that is the all in one. Finally the Kemper comes into my sight. Only issue is my finances weren't what I expected when younger me planned getting another amp. So what to do?

Well I realized I didn't play 3/4 of my gear anymore and turned to Kijiji to sell it all off. Raised enough funds for a Kemper and then some, and now I got it.

Still figuring it out and stuff, but I put on the ampeg SVT7 profile and pretty damn close to bouncing souls. I may need a P-bass to truly get it but close enough.

And then loaded up a couple Marshall 800's and there is the Metallica sound. Even got AC/DC pretty quickly.

Even put in the Suhr Badger one and I was playing and sounding just like Big Wreck.

Great piece of gear that I can't wait to become more acquainted with and master it. I think I will not need to buy that mid life crisis tube amp anymore... maybe I'll spend the money on a new guitar/bass or both instead.

Cheers!