Posts by Jens Bogren

Are they merged?

They are complete rig captures, which makes sense for capturing a signature tone.

I know it would give you more options if these were merged but our #1 goal was to recreate Tue's rig as close as possible. There were a lot of experiments to get this right and in the end, Tue felt that capturing the whole rig worked a lot better for him.

But you're right, it might be fun to capture his amps, as he has an excellent collection. Perhaps an idea for another release. :)

BTW, we're running a Black Friday deal now. For those that have not jumped onboard yet, this is the best time to do it:

https://bogrendigital.com

For the gear heads out there, here's a 'behind the scenes' video with Tue and a walkthrough of his pedals, amp, and cabs.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi, guys! I'm super excited to share news about our brand new Kemper pack with - Tue Madsen.

Tue is a fantastic producer with a long list of high quality credits and this is the real deal - the same producer and gear you can hear on high profile metal albums.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- 32 Premium Kemper profiles

- Captured by producer Tue Madsen

- Amps and cabs used on some of the biggest productions in metal

- Mix ready, capturing Tue's entire processing chain

- 8 amps, 7 cabs, multiple pedals included

In Tue's words:

"I’ve made this Kemper mostly for myself but then I thought ‘why not share it with people as well?’

These profiles are a collection of tones that I have used on many productions through the years, and I bet you can recognize some of them. It’s been a fun process of not only deconstructing past tones but also discovering new gear and techniques and push my own engineering skills in the process.

Naturally, my main focus was capturing studio tones. I wanted to give you a big tonal variety and profiles that fit in a mix right away with little to no fiddling (or ‘mix ready’ if you will).

I am pretty confident that these will work great in a live situation as well to make your guitar sound great and play nice with others. Some of these profiles were made to emulate my past recordings. In some cases, the bands I worked with ended up integrating these into their own setups. And now these are available to you as well."

**UPDATE**

We now added a free sample pack in exchange for email:

https://bogrendigital.com/prod…sen-signature-kemper-pack

Hi there! I just wanted to drop in to let you guys know about the 'Leads and Cleans' IR pack that I released under the Bogren Digital brand.

This is a follow-up to the Rhythm pack that came out last year and works great with it.

If you're wondering why the hell are there IR packs specifically for metal rhythm, clean, and lead tones, well... it's because that's how I work when I engineer guitar tones.

I would always try to change the chain for lead guitars - cabs, mics, preamps, EQ, etc. That way there are no overlaps and frequency build ups that happen when you use the same setup for everything.

And with cleans, I just approach them very differently than rhythm or lead tones.

Just like last time, all the impulse responses capture my complete signal chain, down to the very last EQ moves to make the guitar sit in a mix. Of course I cannot predict what is your mix and your input signal but I engineered these while referencing my past productions and I think there's enough variation in the pack to cover most scenarios.

Oh, and Marty Friedman dropped in to do a demo, so even if you are not in the market for IRs, I hope you will enjoy his tasty leads :)

So I decided to buy the pack and....damn so good they sound. What a difference. I sincerely hope Jens will release kemper profiles too. Anyone serious about great tone should get this. Don't get me wrong I like alot of profiles I have but all commerial packs I have don't come close to this with cabs and micing. It's obvious why Jens is a well known producer/engineer.

Cheers man! Glad to hear you are enjoying the IR pack.

There are a few more exciting things in the pipeline, so keep en eye out :)

Hey guys, Jens here!

A while back, I was talked into making some impulse responses of guitar cabinets and recording chains, trying to recreate or beat a "real" recording (against better judgment...)

I'm a big advocate for real, sweaty amps and heavy cabs, but I was surprised or almost shocked to find how well the IR technology can work if done right.

Sooo... this has rendered into my first ever digital product, an "IR pack" that can replace the cab/mic part of a recording or live chain. I'll be d*mned if that doesn't sound just like something I would create in the studio on a cold winter night.

These IR's are EQ'd to match the commercial sessions that I have worked on, so they fit well in dense metal mixes! I have examples on my website where I replaced the guitar tracks with an amp sim.

One thing I did notice is that the IR's work better with either direct or merged profiles. That way the amp head model is more accurate.

I'd be thrilled if you check it out and let me know what you think! :)

Here's a user demo from Federico Ascari: