Posts by MarshallCW

So I just updated my Kemper to the most recent update and tried looking for the boost effect but they are gone now, I guess it seems a lot of the effects got removed and changed. The updated effects sound better though, where did the boost go though? :(

Different people have different needs.

I was able to profile my own amps, and get their sounds with little effort. I also use profiles from The Kemper Factory Content, Rig Exchange, and Commercial Rig vendors.

If you get a Neural DSP and enjoy it, I am happy for you.

Having to buy commerical rigs is something I have a big issue with as well even though I have done it quite a bit, I feel as if I shouldn't need to just to find a decent profile to work with. I could revisit the Kemper factory content but I remember not being very impressed with any of the profiles from them. Everything I have downloaded on the Rig Exchange has been either unplayable garbage or sub par except for maybe stuff from Michael Britt, or Mago something something I forget his name.

So I've spent hundreds of hours playing tons of different profiles, changing settings, trying fx, everything on the kemper ect... Trying to dial in the best tone I possibly can, to be fair some of which I do enjoy. However I tried out the demo for the Tim Henson Neural DSP and it just instantly blew any tone I've ever heard from the Kemper out of the water. I just can't help but feel like the Kemper requires way too much time and attention and not to mention luck to just find a good sounding profile out of the box, hell even WITH spending hours to make it sound better. The Neural DSP was instantly amazing by default, didn't have to mess with anything and that's honestly how I feel it should be. Somebody convince me why I shouldn't sell my Kemper to buy the DSP, I could even probably buy a new guitar with the money which would be nice.

So when messing around with different profiles I can tell that some pickup tapping better than others, whether it is detected easier or just louder when tapping compared to others in general. My only idea was that adding a compression effect is what gives it a boost but it seems like that's not just it after some experimentation. Anyone know what could help make tapping more detectable?

For anyone wondering what I did, I was able to plug the guitar into the kemper, and then plug the kemper into the scarlett using a total of 2 analogue cables. To fix the pathing I had to set the kemper to master audio mono out or something like that so it knows the signal should be mono and now everything works just fine.

So physically I can hear and see that recording a clean tone vs one with gain, there is some volume difference. I have the rig volume set to the same in both cases and would prefer not to have to mess with that since I would like to find out the cause of the difference. I am assuming the gain itself is having this effect on the other profile causing it to be louder not just distorted. Does anyone know if there is any tricks on how to boost the volume on your clean profiles or anything to make cleans sound better in general? If I have to just use the rig volume nob I will.

Hey guys, I am having a discrepancy between my headphone audio, and recorded audio in DAW, the DAW audio is significantly quieter than what I hear playing into my headphones. All DAW settings unchanged/neutral, so it has to be the Kemper, also have both Kemper and headphones plugged into a Scarlett Interface but I don't think that really matters. Currently output settings are:

Pg 1

• Main Output (Master Mono) *using mono cause my other slot is for my mic, this is not the issue*
    • Monitor Output (Off)
    • Direct Output (Off)
    • SPDIF Output (Off)
    • as for the button settings - Main Out -12dB (Off)
    • Monitor Cab (Off)
    • Monitor Stereo (Off)

Pg 2

• All volumes (main, monitor, direct, headphone) set to max (0.0dB)
    • Main Out Link (On)
    • Monitor Out Link (On)
    • Direct Out Link (On)
    • Headphones Link (On)

Pg 3

• Everything (bass, mid, treble, presence) set to 0.0
    • Monitor Cab (Off)

Pg 4 isn't touched, so Pg 5

• Pure Cab (3.5)
    • Space (2.5)
    • Pure Cab (On)
    • Space>HeadphOnly (On)

Pg 6 everything off/0.0, so Pg 7

• Sweetening (0.0)
    • Monitor Volume (0.0dB)
    • Imprint Select (Celestian Vintage 30)
    • Directivity (5.0)
    • Kemper Kone(Off)
    • Monitor Stereo (Off)
    • Monitor Cab (Off)

Also audio level issues aside, please tell me if there's any pro tip changes I should make to any of these settings, such as turning Pure Cab on or something!

Basically I am running my guitar IN to my Kemper, which runs OUT (and IN just in case) via SPDIF to my Scarlett 8i6, which then goes USB into my PC. I can hear and record myself playing just fine like this BUT nobody else can hear it (over discord for example) however... running analogue connection from my Kemper to Scarlett DOES allow everyone to hear + record whatever. So of course I want to run Analogue but I can't because it takes 2 cables and my Scarlett interface only has 2 input ports and I'm already using 1 for my mic. That's why I use SPDIF to fit both the mic and guitar. I can't seem to understand why analogue works but SPDIF doesn't for that.. It's all going from the Scarlett into the PC.

So I have 1 input on the Scarlett left which I could plug my guitar directly into, but if I do that then it is not receiving the Kemper's audio and is just regular guitar. But like I said I want my friends to be able to hear my playing. Does anyone know how I can get that audio to come through with SPDIF? If not, then how can I get the Kemper to work with my guitar when the guitar is plugged into the Scarlett input, and not the Kemper input?

Hey guys, I am new to the Kemper but I've learned a lot since I got it and paid for probly $60 worth of profiles just to be disappointed, as well as checked through literally hundreds of free profiles, settings, and YouTube video tips and tricks. The best free pack I found were the ones on the rig exchange by Marco Cudan, but they still feel a bit off. Recently I shelled out another $50 for the Atrium producer pack and holy hell it's like magic just struck my ears, this is it the literal best metal tone I have found. I will mention that I know everyone's tone expectation is different based on what they are looking for but it just sounds so crisp and clear I can't imagine using anything else now. Also I know that some of you gurus out there can get any tone you want from settings but coming from someone that hates tweaking, doesn't have much knowledge on EQ or other stuff, this is it man I'll never spend another dime.

As the title suggests I am looking for suggestions on what you think is the best Marshall or Peavy profiles, paid or free, for playing metal music. Basically I have been trying to dial in a good tone for about 2 weeks now on some free vivix marshalls, and a free michael britt marshall profile and can't do it so I give up and am willing to shell out the cash for a higher quality profile. Here's an example of the tone I am trying to achieve.

They don't. The knobs on the kemper, (with the exception of the gain control which only really works downwards from the highest gain volume on the amp at which it was profiled) are the same as the knobs on a mixing desk after the cab is miced. That means if you adjust the eq on the kemper, you are not changing the eq on the amp. Just on the mic itself. The profile of the amp is a static capture of that amp's settings at time of capture.

So for example, if an amp was recorded/profiled with a tube screamer, compressor, whatever, those effects will already be baked into a profile and cannot be disabled? So it would be better to take like a plain cab profile and add the effects afterwards maybe?

Hey guys, I've been trying to learn how to use my new kemper. So far it is quite amazing but i can't help but notice when recording that side by side, my guitar tone compared to almost any metal/rock song I try to play sounds very frizzy and twangy vs the guitar in the songs sounding very vibrant and full but also very clear (not muffled) and heavy/chuggy. I know that's a pretty difficult thing to describe but try to use your imagination. I have tried following some tips and tricks on YouTube such as turning off the pure cab while turning direct mix to 2.1 and clarity to 0.5, which sounds like it helped a tiny bit, but the overall tone of frizzy and twangy still persists. It almost sounds like the generic gain on the kemper is inferior or something to what I'm hearing, almost like I need some overdrive effects or EQ or something, this feels like a problem with almost every profile. I'm using some from Vivix, and the Marshall410JHS from Michael Britt, which I hear are supposedly high quality profiles. Any ideas? here's some example tone of what I am trying to achieve.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a pretty dumb question but how do the levels of a normal amp/head, such as https://images-na.ssl-images-a…Mr--YhB2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg translate to the nobs on the kemper? It's a bit confusing because something like this peavy 6505+ goes from 0-10 while the kemper goes from -5 to 5 in regards to bass, mid, and treble. While I'm at it, is bass/mid/treble the same exact thing as low/mid/high? What do the pre/post nobs translate to on the Kemper? How can you change resonance on the Kemper? I know that's a lot of questions and most of the are dumb but, I'm a noob so, thank you ahead of time!