Posts by halipino

Hi Guys, still new to the Kemper Universe and about a month or 2 into owning a STAGE.
    I've discovered the Rig Exchange and pulled a few 5 star amps from there, bought a few Tone Junkie packs as well as the Vol 1 from DR. Z.
    All good so far.

My question is this, I just found this page on the Kemper site: Downloads: Rig packs:
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

And wanted to know if most of these are what came preinstalled on my STAGE?
    There are 100's of amps that came with the unit and would the Rig pack's just end up being duplicates?

Thanks,
    :)

From the point of view of us guitar players? Never ever... as long as you have fun laying down the tracks :thumbup:8)

From the point of view of a music producer / engineer etc.? Easily... less is more as most typically say 8o

If you could have only seen the look of frozen horror when I dumped over 500 guitar tracks on an engineering friend of mine 10 years ago, I tried to explain but once the session was cracked open he almost fainted. hahhaa I did this 15 minute guitar orchestral opus of Handel's Messiah which was a mixing nightmare. Some producers say 1 gtr track is 1 too many. lol

**ahh it is still on youtube, thought I pulled it down.. The Sousa marches all average about 50 gtrs per song and the Messiah can get anywhere up to 90-120 guitars at once. for some reason back then I was trying to actually emulate an entire full piece orchestra using only guitars. Madness!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The master of stacking guitar tracks strikes again :thumbup:8) Nice one Dan, wild mixture but interesting ear catchers all along. I like that part starting around 1:30 when guitars pile up. Thanks for sharing!

hi deadman , thank you. Some mixes seem to put up a fight more than others lol. Our work is never done? The hard part is when to pull the brakes and try and be satisfied without that horrible urge to try a few more things lol. I experimented more on the mastering side with only what pro tools plUgins are given. DIY.

Hey Guys, I have been busy in Kemper Land and getting more used to tweaking various profiles and loving the SPDIF reamping, that helps me find the right tone to sneak behind another one to define the sounds.

Well I am not a mixing expert by any stretch of the imagination but very grateful I can take a project this far in a few good hours... That is awesome lol.

Lots of different amp rigs on this one; Egnator's, Friedman's, Orange, Fender's... All thrown into the drink... SURFS UP! :)

If you like Gary Hoey, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai etc... this should be right up your alley.

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Still very cool...

What profile did you use for the main riff on that tune

Thanks brother, oh man I would have to dive back into pro tools to get all the rigs... used a lot of them -clean to dirty
    lets see..
    MB 3RD PLEX TIM
    MB - 5133 CH1
    MB 3RD BF RED
    MB 62 BAND MISTER RO

MB 65 FAN BM TIM
    MB 74 CHAMPION 3

MB BLEATCH FIRE 45

MB DUMB ODS FBS

MB SOLD AMMO 1 7
    MB 3RD PLEX TIM

MB MARS MP*

and a few more lol I'm psycho

Great song, well done man. Great playing and very creative. I like the story telling in it. Reminds me a bit of "Smoke On The Water" (...true story in a song) :thumbup:8)

BTW: Nice line-up on that festival, lots of my heroes there... VH, John Mellencamp back in the days when they called him Cougar, U2... cool stuff :)

That was an amazing 3 day show, 300,000 strong on HEAVY METAL Sunday which is when this happened. haha
    John 'Cougar" opened up for BLACKMORE'S RAINBOW out here in LA in early 80's, I wasn't sure why he was on the bill as he was not really hard rock as the crowd hoped for but he did a great show nonetheless... yeah music was special a long time ago. Thankfully there is live footage from the US FESTIVAL, BONO was pretty young at the time and climbed to the top of the stage scaffolding which put him 100' up, super cool, and THE SCORPIONS stole the entire day, they were so freaking powerful, VH was drunk of their dumb asses... lol

Hi guys, here is a fun song about the day I "BOUGHT A DRINK FOR TIMOTHY LEARY" at the US FESTIVAL in 1983. IT'S TRUE!
    He came up to me out of nowhere and asked if I would buy him a margarita.. lol so awesome!
    This is an attempt to capture the humorous side of life mixed in with some 80's Metal ethos.

On the tech side, there are roughly 10 unique guitar tracks and each 'performance' has 3 tracks (Main Out, DI, S/PDIF).
    So, probably about 40 individual mono tracks as well as the bass tracks.
    I decided to spin through a dozen or so of the preloaded M BRITT profiles for each take as well as the reamping side of things.

I LOVE MY KEMPER! :) Hope you enjoy this number.

External Content vimeo.com