Posts by piratepatch

Hi,

I'm using Kemper in a OBS guitar live streaming setting.

Previously my setup has been PC audio out -> USB Soundcard -> Kemper AUX-in -> Master stereo out -> mixer -> OBS (Mixer out). This way I can get actually synchronized guitar + audio mixing while using the headphone jack.

Kemper IN = USB Output source in Windows

Kemper OUT = USB Input source in Windows

I'm trying to do the same thing but skipping all the digital -> analog -> digital -> analog -> digital conversions by using Kemper IN and Kemper OUT instead of external soundcards and audio interfaces.

Is it possible to do this in any way? This is what I'm trying to do: PC audio out -> Kemper IN -> USB OUT (Master stereo output) -> OBS (Kemper OUT)

This works if I have PC audio out -> Kemper IN -> Master Stereo Output -> Mixer -> OBS (Mixer out) as long as I have USB Direct Monitoring enabled, but when I switch to Kemper OUT the PC audio disappears.

I've gone through all the logical ways to try this, but no avail. Am I missing something here or is this possible? It feels pretty arbitrary if not, If Kemper OUT is supposed to use Master Stereo Output as the source why does the audio coming from Kemper IN disappear in USB, but works just fine through mixer?

Hope the explanation wasn't too confusing.

I have a male-female headphone extension cable always plugged in so I don't have to worry about the jack wearing out.

Yeah I need to think about something like this, I have AT-MH50 attached that has a screwed on adapter for 3,5mm -> 6,3mm plugin. Maybe add a 6,3mm connector cable in between after this.

But I have to say the headphones have been reinserted at tops a couple of hundred times over the year I've owned it thanks to fixing cable twisting about itself. Since I can find others with same problems I'm leaning towards design issues too - That amount of usage is something that headphone jack in a phone might get in a few weeks and the cable is so long it never gets any pulling or twisting either.

Hi,

I last used Kemper two days ago without any issues. Today when I put the headphones on and started playing suddenly everything sounds very distant and there are a few frequencies missing almost completely when I'm playing: G string E (9th fret), 12th on high E (so octave higher than previous), 17th fret on high E are all just basically overtones and buzz.

Also audio from computer through alternative input is distant and echoy.

I never shut Kemper down between, no software updates or anything. Things I've tried so far:

- rebooting

- changing rigs

- changing guitars

- changing input cable

- checked main output from audio interface with headphones, still broken. (EDIT: not true, main output seems to be fine after a restart at least)

- pushing headphones only partly in sounds a lot more normal (without the distance and echo) but still not normal - tested with two different headsets just to make sure.

Did my kemper just break or what the hell is going on?

-hpr

Hi,

Updated to Rig Manager 3.2.53 and PROFILER 8.6.0.31858B and now locking either a stomp or a effect slot does work as previously - while in Profiler mode (and connected to Rig Manager) locking something and switching to a different bank would preserve that slot as the same effect in a different bank thus enabling you to copy effects from one bank to another.

Now what happens is effect is marked as locked but switching banks simply marks the existing effect in that slot as locked also without preserving the locked effect.

For example: Bank1 A is Wah, Bank 2 A is Boost.

Expected: While in Bank 1 lock A, switch to Bank 2 and A will be Bank 1's locked Wah.

What happens: While in Bank 1 lock A, switch to Bank 2 and A is Boost but marked as locked.

UPDATE: upon further clicking around seems that after clicking between banks in Rig Manager at some point the effect will be copied. However this is very confusing.

-hpr

PS. If this is intended how do I copy effects now from bank to another in Rig Manager?

as soon as the Profiler is connected to the Rig Manager it will be in edit mode and you can use the Remote or Stage switches to navigate between the slots without loosing any unstored settings. Only in stand alone mode you should use the rig or page buttons to preserve unstored changes when switching between slots.

Problem is that I do have Rig Manager running and it still resets the slots. Persisted after loading the latest version of both today. Also good to know it's a separate edit mode because I just assumed that's how it would work at a live gig too after only using Kemper with my computer this whole time :D

That has always been the case. The idea is that when you're using the buttons on the Kemper, you're probably editing the performance and going back and forth between slots to compare changes, with the intent of eventually saving them when you're done.

When you're using the Remote, on the other hand, you're probably playing live, so all tweaks are interpreted as temporary: that way you can always be sure that every slot loads as it was originally saved.

(Going by memory here, but this explanation is in the manual somewhere.)

I'm almost 100% sure this didn't start happening while I was within the same perform bank (of 5 different slots) until the update. Switching from bank to another would reset it obviously. I've been using kemper while streaming and have had to set the levels per song but had only to do it once per rig per song before - now i can't switch slots mid song back and forth any longer because the levels jump up and down..

EDIT: maybe having rig manager running always at the same time had something to do with it?

After updating to latest beta crashed Kemper once and after the crash in Performance mode switching rigs within a bank with the remote resets the temporary version of a rig. Selected effects, and volume at least return to the original stored values (as if you switched banks without storing). This does not happen if I switch rigs from kemper's rig buttons.

Hi,

my ears grew tired of listening to playing just from the headphones and EQing my sounds just based on them was found to be.. hard, so I bought myself a pair of micro monitors (IK iLoud Micro Monitors). Setup was easy, using stereo outputs from Monitor / DI out.

The weird part is that when I'm trying to set the aux routing levels Aux In -> Main levels seem to be uniform with Aux In -> Headphones. I have them both at 4.0 and from recordings I've made from main compared to what I hear in the headphones things seem to be fine.

However when I use the monitors instead of 4.0 I need to set aux in -> monitor to 1.3 to get a similiar (not exactly the same, but close) mix between guitar rig and aux.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Have my headphones and main mixes been just on chance the same? What's going on here :)

Fortunately the output levels to outside devices seem to only affect the main output volumes, no the mix so theoretically when I find the correct mix for every device they same the same regardless of what main levels I set them..