Posts by martinschaeffler

I would like to use it in my DAW. I play just at home with Cubase and backing tracks. Cubase adjusts automatically my VST plugins etc. during the songs. I dont want to use any pedal, in different parts of song I need different profiles. Can this be achieved with MIDI?

Hello,

what is the easiest way to control the Kemper settings from PC? Please, no Rig Manager, I need to do it without Rig Manager. How is the MIDI working? What do I need for it? I literally had no chance to see any MIDI related thing in action, so I am not sure if I understand how it works. Do I need some midi controller connected to my PC and to connect Kemper with it?

Hello,

I did a cover of Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb PULSE. Its still not good, but I am trying to get better and better. As I said in another thread, I am not a professional player, I started to play more or less in February when lockdown started. I would need someone to discuss with me the parts, that really need to be fixed :)

Check on soundcloud

Hello,

I am self-taught player with basic skills, I played 2-3 songs 10 years ago, I have started again in March and my goal is to learn Comfortably numb solo (yeah, for someone maybe boring). Basically I can play the solo already quite well, however I am still struggling to get the right tone of this guy . Once I asked him, he said he is using EVH 5153 with no effects, Valhalla room reverb + ping pong delay, all done in Cubase.

However, when you check his KPA on video, two leds of Stomps are lighting, so he is using some effects. He is using Fender American Standard with DIamondback pickups, I have Fender Performer with DoubleTap pickups, but this should not be a real difference. I tried almost all profiles and it just lacks energy and gain in higher frequencies - and it is not my playing, some parts I play exactly the same.

I will upload later WAV, so you could compare. I understand, this is a bit impossible to answer, do you know by chance which profile could be similar to the guys profile?

Hello,

I bought kemper just weeks ago and I absolutely love it. However there is one thing which I am not able to solve - when working with BIAS FX, I can still change the effects after the guitar was recorded. In case of KPA this is not possible of course, I never wanted this feature and never considered it in the past. However, as I am trying lot of profiles and finding "my" sound, maybe I changed my mind and I want it :) Would you have some idea how to achieve this?

- when recording, I would like to hear distorted signal along with backing track (this works in my current setup)

- I would like to record clean signal in cubase as a separate track

- I would like to be able still to change settings in my KPA later when everything recorded when playing the project in cubase

I am about to check the types of all outputs on my KPA, but maybe someone already has this setup?

I bought a new device for 1420EUR, because shop wanted to get rid of it (customer did not pick up in the past and it was longtime in their shop).

I started to play with it a bit, but sofar I am quite positively surprised - it sounds very very good.

1) I am about to connect to my focusrite 2i2, however I am not quite sure yet how - I dont have SPDIF on my scarlett, should I connect L channel to one audio interface and R channel to another one? The signal coming from Kemper is stereo right? Is each interface on my scarlett Mono input?

2) Kemper has ethernet connector, if I go just with USB do I get all features?

I will check manual this week, I am just too young to read manuals at first :D Learning by trying.. Thanks for recommending KPA, I cannot wait for trying some commercial profiles.

Ok I will go for new probably, because of following reasons:

- warranty

- if 5 years old device can be sold for 1300eur then i think its good to have freshly new one for 1650eur. Its just 350eur and i could sell it for 1400eur for sure if i did not like it (hopefully i will).

- i just like new things, when it comes to hardware.

thanks for all replies.

Hello, I am about to buy Kemper Profiler but I have mixed feelings about the product, please help me to dissipate them.

Just to give background: I am playing and recoding just at home, no live playing, no gigging, nothing. I play Pink Floyd songs.

I was also more or less considering Fractal, Line6 Helix etc. but somehow I always got back to Kemper, as it seems that lot of my idols on Youtube went for Kemper, so there must be something..., however I have some questions:

1) Profiler seems to be quite overpriced in terms of hardware, for sure one microcontroller and couple of buttons, so I was expecting very good software (check on youtube, its really one or two PCBs and interconnected jacks). I tested the stage version in shop, it got stuck twice, I needed to disconnect it from power source. Is it normal or you dont have such experience?

2) no USB audio interface, I know,.. it is for studios, there are a bit higher-endish interfaces already, however, I think for such expensive device, adding one USB coming from DSP should not be a harm. I will connect to SPDIF on my Focusrite Scarlett, then USB-C to PC, from PC with optical output to my AV receiver (becuase simply I have it already on my table), from there to passive monitors/headphones. Do you think this setup can work?

3) not many people are using built-in reverb/delay and they use their own plugins in DAW, are there that bad? I think they should not be recorded and it is matter of mixing, to adjust reverb/delay anyways.

4) there are two options, to buy a used device for 1300EUR (2015-) or a new one for 1650EUR. If I buy a new one (Toaster) do you think it can still hold its value? Is Kemper planning some other product, which can take down the price? Is there some failure rate of used devices? I saw just diodes fail after some time.

5) what do you think about BIAS FX 2 or Neural DSP? People are saying, Kemper sounds better, however why should it be? In PC you have far greater performance, and you can adjust the effects in your monitoring/mixing then, why people are going for hardware instead (those that are not gigging)? Why did you specifally go for Kemper in case you record on your PC?

Dont get me wrong, I am willing to buy Profiler in upcoming days, I just need to "confirmation" sometimes.