Posts by MaximeD

Sorry for digging this up, but it just doesn't let me go :D

ckemper , could you chime in and comment on if this would technically be possible to bring as an update or not? For example, would it be possible to update the kemper to be able to use the Spdif and the reamp return input at the same time? Not talking about having 2 different signal paths with different settings. Just have the same settings applied to 2 different DI tracks to be able to monitor and reamp them at the same time.

Thanks!

ATT: MaximeD

Okay. I didn’t see the point, but I do now. It makes sense in a way. Not something I probably will use, but it’s without a doubt a thing, that would be cool to have. How I go about now is having an A/B switch on the floor to change between guitar or guitar and bass. But I see your point and if they make it with more inputs to be used at the same time, i guess it would be easy to do.

Just to explain it better, the point for us studio guys would not be to be able to switch between guitars quicker. In a recording of modern rock or metal music, 99% of the time, you'll have at least 2 rhythm guitar tracks, panned left and right, playing the same (or same-ish) guitar parts. That will be the rhythm section of the song.

As of now, in a reamping scenario, you have to take one of those DI tracks, engage the reamp function, and listen to this single guitar track being reamped while you go through your profiles to chose one. There is no way of listening to both, the left and right guitar, at the same time. The problem with that is that the tone will change once you reamp both tracks. For example. you might have been listening to the single guitar track and thought that it was just the right amount of high end in the tone, but once you reamp both tracks and hear them together, the frequency buildup from having 2 tracks combined will make the overall sonic impression to harsh. This can lead to an enormous waste of time and trial and error (thinking a tone sounds great, reamping 15 seconds of each track, then realizing that it's not gonna work after all and start again and again),if you don't have perfect knowledge of how the tone of a single, mono guitar track will translate once you add two or more guitars, in the context of the mix you're currently working on ( and every mix is different=.

Add to that that it will always take twice as long to reamp all tracks in the recording, since you have to reamp every track separately. Having a stereo input that allows 2 guitar tracks or more simultaneously would solve that.

All those things are problems that would be exactly the same when recording a real amp, but since we are talking about a digital amp, and considering the competition that Kemper now has with the new amp sims and other products coming out, again I think that they can't afford not to take this into consideration if they don't want people who use their digital amps for studio purposes only to turn to the competition.

I can see how many people would not see any use for that function because they only use their Kemper as an amp for their guitar and to play live, but for studio guys, this is a MAJOR downside in today's world.

Cheers

Two guitars?

Yes, to be able to hear how the left and right guitars will sound together straight away, without having to reamp a portion of both tracks. Just like using any amp track on a stereo guitar bus with the left and right guitar routed to it.

Easy. Don't sell your old Kemper when buying the new one :)

3 arguments speak against doing that:
    1) I need the money from the sale of the Kemper 1 to buy the Kemper 2.
    2) No official and proper support in Rig Manager to control and tweak 2 kempers at the same time.
    3) I don't feel like I should have to buy a product that expensive twice to do something that simple in 2021 ( Or whenever the next Kemper comes out). With the quality of the amp sims that get released nowadays, and new products like the QC coming out, I think that kemper HAS to offer this to stay competitive in the studio recording market.

Cheers

Hi Wheresthedug,

Just to clarify, this is not about using 2 different profiles to reamp the left and right guitars. The point would be to have the left and right guitars go through the exact same chain.

My understanding is that it's not possible as of now, and the Kemper only takes mono signals. I do not have my kemper set up with SPDIF, so if there is a way to make it happen using that, I do not know about it, but my research on the internet leads me to believe that it's not possible for now.

Is it allowed to tag someone from Kemper to know if it's possible/ would be technically possible to do?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'd like to submit the idea of having the possibility to use 2 inputs simultanously for reamping purposes. Being able to reamp two tracks at the same time, and being able to monitor
    how the sum of the left and right guitars would sound with just one mouse click instead of having to reamp both tracks before being able to make that judgement would be the most mindblowing thing kemper could do for sound engineers, and I think that this feature is more and more needed to compete with the quality and ease of use of newer amp sims.

If processing power is an issue, or if kemper simply do not want to do that to avoid having bands using only one kemper live etc, this feature could come with a built in latency that allows the kemper to process the 2 tracks and/or makes it unplayable in a live setting. No one can play guitar with let's say 50ms of latency8o. In the studio though, we could just apply negative latency to the DI tracks to compensate for it, and almost have the ease of use that amp sims bring.

Edit : This is about having 2 guitars go through the exact same profile and chain, not using 2 different profiles on the 2 guitars.

What do you guys think?:thumbup:

Cheers,
    Max