Posts by NoMaxbutMoritz

another thing to consider:

we used to work with ableton session view and used clips and scenes for our liveset. now we changed to arrangement view.

but if you start a scene or clip with midi data in it everything gets send to the kemper at the beginning with the current value. so if you want the clip to activate for example an overdrive after 30 seconds of the clip it will still send the current setting of that cc at the beginning of the clip. so there will be send lots of different cc‘s in the beginning if you change parameters during the clip. i hope you know what i mean?

same in arrangement view if you don‘t start from the beginning but somewhere in the middle. i think it‘s called midi chasing.

any ideas on that?

ok so i checked and sometimes i sent 2 or 3 cc‘s + pc at the same time. think that this was the mistake. now i’m sending midi clock and one pc at the start of each song and it works. thanks for your help

do you advice to not use the midi clock with kemper?
    because when i use midi monitor i can see that midi clock sends messages very often so maybe midi clock and additional pc changes are problematic.

what do you think?

thanks. now i'm able to replicate the failure, when i'm sending too many midi notes to the kemper.
    i found out with midi monitor, that i'm sending a lot of midi information sometimes.
    will delete the unnecessary midi commands and keep you updated.

sorry for the late response.
    we're working with ableton and we use midi for a lot of things in our livesetup (controlling synths, effects processor, light show...)
    but every device has it's own midi channel.
    normally i just send one program change at the beginning of each song. sometimes there are switches for different parts (chorus, vers ...)

midi clock is involved but mainly for the synths. but i can only turn it off and on for the the whole audio/midi interface output and not for one midi channel . i have a midi filter box i could use before the kemper to filter out all midi channels (and maybe midi clock too?) that are irrelevant for the kemper. do you think that would help?

i checked it the other day and i noticed that it only crashes wenn i change programs via midi in performance mode and with the remote connected. it seems i can‘t use the remote and midi at the same time.

might that be possible?

thanks

Hi,

I work with Ableton and MIDI too and experienced that if I switch Rigs in Performance Mode the Kemper „freezes“ from time to time. The only solution is to pull the cable because even the Chicken Head Button is not working anymore.

Have you ever experienced something like this?